A New Island

-AUTHORS NOTE-

Hello there! Just before you read I want to tell you that I wrote this story originally of Quotev, and it's still there! I wrote it 2 years ago but since I'm going to start writing the sequel soon, I figured I might as well post it here too! So just be forewarned, the writing is a bit shabby compared to what the sequel will be like. Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiccup's POV

Me and the gang are having a cruise over the sea, checking on the dragons on the islands and looking for new ones. I needed to get away from my Chief duties for a bit so I asked my mom to watch the village for me today, we left early this morning and now it's late afternoon. We are currently gliding over Itchy Armpit Island.

"That makes 102 Deadly Nadders, 89 Gronckles, 31 Timberjacks, and 234 Terrible Terrors." Announces Fishlegs proudly.

"You mean you've been counting those things?! How does anyone keep track of them!" Snotlout stresses in a shocked manner.

"I bet Fishlegs actually has a super power where he can ask the dragons how many of them there are!" Tuffnut says matter-o-factly.

"That's stupid, he probably guessed." Ruffnut responds smugly.

"Would you two stop arguing? We all came out here so Hiccup could take a break from all the arguing and commotion back at Berk." Astrid explains clearly annoyed with the twins.

"It's okay Astrid, I actually kind of missed hearing their bickering." I say tiredly and relieved at the same time.

The twins eventually stop fighting we all start talking about what's been going on in our lives.

"I've been receiving Terror Mail from Heather recently, she says she's coming for a visit soon with Dagur." Fishlegs explains blissfully.

"Hey, that's great Fishlegs! It's going to be nice seeing her again!" I say exited. We haven't seen Heather for about a year now, it's good to hear she's doing well.

"I hope she hasn't missed me too much, I know how hard it is for the ladies to be away from me!" Snotlout says with a smirk while flexing and complimenting himself.

"Ugh..." Astrid sighs frustratedly.

"Well, me and Ruffnut have been working on this new trick we like to call..." Tuffnut begins dramatically.

"The flaming yaks curl!" Ruffnut finishes even more dramatically.

"The what now?" Astrid asks questioningly. It's obvious she doesn't trust the twins to come up with anything that doesn't involve destruction.

"It sounds stupid." Snotlout says flatly.

"I know I'm going to regret this but...how does it work?" Fishlegs asks nervously, he seems like he just wants to know for the sake of all our well beings.

"I'm glad you asked fair observer for you see the way this complex trick works islike so." Tuffnut says in a "smart" accent while motioning to Barf and Belch.

"Observe." Ruffnut says smartly while positioning herself on Belch.

Barf and Belch's heads entwine in a twisted fashion and the fly a little faster forward. Then Barf lets out gas and they un-entwine their heads making a spring shape of gas. Then Belch lights it on fire. It actually looks like a spring coil on fire, the spring shape is supposed to be the yak curl I suppose.

We all continue talking for a little while before Toothless starts acting weird.

"What's wrong bud?" I ask Toothless, concerned.

Toothless's ears prick up as if he is listening intently to something. And then he looks down and dives.

"AAAH!" I scream as I hold onto Toothless for dear life and for the fear of falling off and into the sea below.

Toothless then flies strait but he continues to look around.

The other riders quickly fly down and look just as puzzled as I am.

"What just happened?" Asks Fishlegs extremely confused.

"I don't know, one minute he's fine the next he looks like he's hearing some really loud noise right next to him." I say just as confused.

"Well, whatever it was it looks like he's still hearing it and looking for its source." Examines Snotlout.

I look down at Toothless.

"Are you okay, bud?" I ask while putting my hand gently on his head.

He let a short roar and looked dead ahead.

"Maybe we should let him lead us to wherever he's going." Ruffnut says suggestively.

"I agree." Says Snotlout in agreement.

"I too agree." Tuffnut says joyfully.

"Okay bud, show us where we're going." I tell Toothless. He starts flying faster and the gang follows after with their dragons.

30 Minutes later

"We've been flying for a while now, I think we should head back." Fishlegs says nervously.

"Not yet." I say to him.

"Hey look at that! There's a bunch of fog of there!" Astrid lightly shouts while pointing at the fog in the distance.

"I don't like the looks of this..." Snotlout mumbles nervously under his breath.

Toothless flies right into the fog without hesitation and the other dragons follow right after.

"Gah! I can't see anything!" Complains Tuffnut loudly.

"None of us can!" Responds Ruffnut grumpily.

We all just sit and wait on our dragons silently, then I feel the temperature getting warmer.

"Does anyone else feel that or is it just me?" Asks Fishlegs awkwardly.

"No, I feel it too." I respond.

"I think we all do." Astrid continues on.

Then suddenly the fog clears and a big green island comes into view.

"WOAH!" Lightly shouts Snotlout.

"This must be the place Toothless was taking us too." Fishlegs states.

The island is surrounded by water and there looks to be tons of fish, not to mention it's really warm and the water looks really relaxing.

"Gang, we found a new island. And if Toothless was drawn to it then that means this place could very important. There could be new dragons so we have to be prepared for anything." I say in a commanding but gentle tone.

Everyone nods and we all look back to the island. This was the start of a new adventure, and it could be an adventure that answers many questions.