How Dare You!

Twilight's POV

I woke up early this morning and left the arena to find Kania. I wanted to take a morning walk with her. I started sniffing around and eventually caught her scent and started following it. It leads into the forest, I knew where she was, however. She was living with those terrible humans that are her parents. I didn't want to chance getting caught so hid on a branch in the trees covered by lots of leaves. I have been waiting here for what feels like forever, but eventually I spot Kania walking. I jump down from the branch and land in front of her, a few inches from her face.

"AAH!" She shouts, causing a few birds to fly away.

"You really scared me Twilight, I thought you were a wild dragon coming to eat me!" She tells me with her hand on her chest, catching her breath.

I look at her in an apologetic stare and she smiles, she pats my head.

"It's okay girl, why are you here anyway?" Kania asks politely.

I nudge her forward and she looks confused for a moment before understanding and starting to walk. I follow close behind. She soon exits the woods and walks into the village, not really caring where we end up. We find a cliff and watch the rest of the sunrise, we hear people waking up in the distance. We stand up and start walking again, I have a feeling if people saw us together they would think she was trying to dragon-nap me or something. We see a group of Terrible Terrors sleeping together on the ground and we share a mischievous glance. We rush the Terrible Terrors and they fly up so fast they might just have beaten the fastest dragon's record. We walk a little while more and look at a few saddles, I want my own individual one. We find one we like, it's black and has a few purple stripes on the sides with stars lining them. The stores were still closed of course so we couldn't get it. We reach the end of the village just as the rest of the village starts waking up and we turn around.

"This was nice Twilight, I needed that. Thank you." Kania thanks me before gently rubbing my cheek. As soon as we are fully facing the village however I see two kind of scary looking people walking our way, they look angry. One is a man who has Green eyes and Black hair. And there is a woman who has Brown hair and Blue eyes. They walk right up to us and I see the man start yelling at Kania.

"YOUNG LADY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS DRAGON!" The man shouts at Kania.

"I-I was just-" Kania was cut short by the woman also yelling at her.

"DON'T TRY TO GET YOURSELF OUT OF THIS ONE MISSY, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE 'BONDING' WITH A DRAGON!" The woman booms.

"I told you guys, I don't want to hurt dragons! I love them and I want to ride and bond with one!" Kania tries shooting back but her voice sounds so frail compared to the angry humans. The woman slaps Kania, and Kania falls to the ground in tears, hand on her cheek that had a red slap mark.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE OUR DAUGHTER, YOU ARE A DISGRACE AND DISGUSTING!" The woman shouts, the man nodding vigorously after her. So these were Kania's parents, they are worse than how Kania described them. They are true monsters, how can they live with themselves knowing how badly they treat their daughter?! I growl angrily at them and start walking towards them, they start backing up and yelling things at me. But I don't hear them, I am so angry that I don't care what they have to say. How dare they! I start forming a Plasma Blast in my mouth, ready to shoot them for hurting Kania. I jump on top of the man and I hear the woman start to wail. I lift my head and just as I am about to blast him into oblivion, I hear Kania's voice.

"NO! Please don't kill them!" Kania shouts at me, I can hear the fear and sadness in her voice. I close my mouth and hot steam pours out my nostrils. I look at her and she looks at me with pleading eyes, I turn back to the man. Instead of blasting him, and you don't know how much I wish I could, I roar and ear splitting roar in his face and jump off him. I run over to Kania and swoop her up in my arms and I fly upward. She clings onto me and I hold her tighter, glaring down at her parents below. I fly away into the forest and out of the village's sight.

5 minutes later...

I soon land at the pool that me and Kania officially met at. I place her down gently and look at her. She looks at me, her eyes were so sad yet I could see she was happy in a sense. She crumbles down to the ground and she hugs me, she lets all her tears fall and she sobs loudly. After she lets out the last of her tears she looks at me.

"Thank you for protecting me... but please don't kill them..." She tells me through tears.

"They may be terrible but they are my parents, I can't sit around and watch them die." She tells me, shaking her head. I don't understand why she would want to spare them but I know where she is coming from. I lick her tears away and look deep into her eyes. She holds my head and puts her forehead on mine, she mutters a thank you. We stay in the forest until noon, running through the forest and playing in the water. She even gets on my back a few times and we fly a little bit, we seem to both be getting used to it. After all this she climbs onto my back and we fly back to the village a little faster. I don't know what we have in store for us back there but whatever happens, I will not let anyone hurt Kania.