Our New Joy: Part C Welcome To The World

Twilight's POV

It's been two months since I laid my eggs, Fishlegs said that it would normally take a while and when the time comes we would know what to do. Every dragon's eggs are different, for example, Gronckle eggs need to be pushed into the water before they hatch because they explode. But since Night Fury eggs have never been recorded we don't know what exactly what to do. But we've been patient and are ready for whatever lay ahead of us. Over these past two months lots happened, Hiccup went to a meeting of Chiefs overseas, Valka rescued an injured baby Whispering Death, Stormfly got a mate, and a girl named Heather showed up and has been spending lots of time with Fishlegs. I'm able to fly again and help out around the village, but I do spend a lot of time with my eggs. So does Toothless, it could be any day now that they hatch! It's sunset and I'm finishing up some Salmon, Toothless sits beside me and watches the sunset without any vivid emotion showing. He looks to the sunsets like that quite often as of late, always looks like he's thinking about something important.

"Toothless, what are you thinking about all the time?" I question after finishing the fish. He blinks, coming back to reality and looks at me.

"I'm just thinking about the reasons why I got to have such a good life, what I did to deserve this. All of this, Hiccup, you, everyone, and our children. I never did anything special, so I just think about what I did to deserve it." He explains to me, turning back to the sunset. I cuddle up next to him and look to the sunset as well, it was really beautiful.

"You deserved it because your as much of a living thing as the rest of us, and you had a hard upbringing. Any and everyone deserves to have a good life, but sometimes that doesn't happen and people like Drago are born. I don't blame him for his actions, having seen his family murdered in front of him by dragons. But that's no reason to think he is a superior life form. I'm glad things turned out the way they did, or else we would have never met." I tell him, I mean every word. It comes from my heart. I nuzzle up to Toothless and he chuckles lightly as he nuzzles me back. Toothless decided he wants to spend the night with me, Hiccup isn't here currently and we haven't spent a night together in a while. Besides, we need as much 'us' time as possible before our little rascals hatch. They will take up a lot of our time. The sun officially sets and we head to mine and Kania's house. We walk in and settle down in my nest, we cuddle up next to each other and fall asleep.

Several hours later

Twilight's POV

I wake with up a jolt right before midnight and my 'ears' start to pick up vibrations. My body goes into a sort of auto drive and I stand up tirelessly, walking over to my eggs. Toothless wakes up and he's in a similar state, only he's more conscious starts questioning what was happening. He was in some sort of auto drive as well though. We both start to delicately bring our eggs outside, by the last two Kania wakes up and frets over what to do and what was happening. She finally decides to go get someone, by the time she gets back all the eggs are outside. She brought Astrid and Fishlegs, the others tagged along as well as some watching villagers. My body still being in auto mode, I use my forepaws and back paws to pick up two eggs and I start to fly upward. Toothless can't fly on his own so he calls Astrid over to help him.

"What's happening, what are they doing?" Kania frets, darting her eyes up to the sky and back at us.

"Maybe they're taking their eggs to some sort of hatching ground." Toughnut states, everyone looks at him in awe.

"That's a surprisingly smart answer..." Snotlout says surprised.

"Well yeah, we get extra smart when we're tired." Roughnut points out effortlessly. Some people grunt and others look away, weirded out. Astrid picks up the fifth egg and carries it up while on Toothless to help him fly. We go all the way up to Gothi's hut and she is already awake and watching us, a stone face not giving away any emotion. Me and Toothless place our eggs on the top of her hut and back up, now we wait. What for, I'm honestly not sure. But then the full moon shifts over our eggs and they bask in the moonlight for a moment before something amazing happens... The eggs start to glow. They start hatching, each crack with light shining out. Then they all glow to the point where we can't see and when we can see again, there, we see five small Night Furry infants. I feel my heart practically bursting with love and happiness. They open their eyes but all I saw were beautiful stars shining. Three boys and two girls. One boy has green eyes, another has blue, the other has blue as well, one girl has green eyes and the other girl, the smallest, has stunning purple eyes. So unique and rare. Only when they start yawning do I realize we should probably get them down before they fall... so me and Toothless fly over and they instinctively climb on. We glide down slowly, so as to not knock them off by accident.

When we get to the bottom gasps are heard all around and Fishlegs runs to greet us, a smile plastered on his face.

"That was so amazing! How did you know to do that?! Why did you choose Gothi's hut?! What did it look like?!-" Fishlegs non-stop questioned us as if we could speak, Astrid answered what she could as she got off Toothless. From there I could only hear my precious babies and Toothless, my mate. Am I the luckiest dragon in the world or what?

2 Days Later.....

Toothless's POV

It's been two days since our eggs hatched. And they are just as beautiful as Twilight, though our daughter with the green eyes takes after me in curiosity Twilight says. We decided to name the first son with blue eyes Obsidian, the second son with blue eyes Shadow after her dead brother, and our son with green eyes Lopt, meaning open air or sky. We had to name one of our children in a viking name. Our daughter with green eyes is named Luna and our darling daughter with purple eyes is named Stella. Fitting names for all of them. Hiccup got back the other day and was shocked beyond shocked and sad he missed the hatching. But was happy for us none the less, and proud by the expression on his face. He came over to me and gave me lots of pats and hugs, feels like the old days. Kania is like an aunt to our children, always happy to help and has been spending more time with Twilight which they are both happy about. Kania also made more friends and is a helper at the dragon training academy. Also, believe it or not she actually has started visiting her parents in prison, she said she forgives them. Twilight isn't very happy about it but respects her choice, always keeping an eye on them of course when she does visit. Me and Twilight are so happy with our lives and our children have already started to roam around me and Hiccup's house, oh yeah. Me and Twilight decided that my house was bigger and better, so our kids stay there. Twilight spends every sleeping moment with us, so we get super warm. I feel complete, like a piece of my soul or heart was missing until now. I feel complete. It makes me more confident for what the future has in store for us, and I know we will face it without fear! We will always be together, no matter what, one way or another!