Lies

Hiccup's POV

My head is starting to hurt, it has been almost 5 hours that the Petrova parents have been complaining my ears off. We were just having a nice normal breakfast when all of a sudden the Petrova parents slammed the doors of the great hall open and came rushing to me about how Twilight 'kidnapped' their kid and how they think Twilight ate her. They said they were walking on a path and they saw Kania being attacked by Twilight and rushed over to help but by the time they got there she had already scooped up their kid and flew off.

"You need to put an end to that beast! She kidnapped our daughter and probably ate her!" Shouts the frill voice of the mother. I know this might sound strange and rude but she doesn't sound all that worried.

"That monster and the rest of its kind needs to be banished to a far away island where no one will find them so all our children will be safe!" The father booms, his voice echoing off the walls. I sigh, I honestly think they made this up. Twilight would never do that, even if she isn't fond of humans.

"Miss and Mister Petrova I doubt that Twilight ate your daughter. And I can assure you if Kania doesn't appear in a day we will go look for her." I tell them trying to sound concerned.

"What's left of her that is." The father snaps back harshly.

I hardly notice it but the Great Hall doors open and Twilight is at them, looking around the Hall. The Petrova parents must have looked at where I was staring because they turned around and saw Twilight.

"There is the monster! Get her while you can and lock her up so she doesn't eat anymore children!" The mother yells, pointing at Twilight. Twilight jumps at the loud voice and looks around for its source. When she spots the Petrova parents however she growls menacingly. She stares them down and she shows her sharp teeth.

Twilight's POV

When I spotted Kania's parents in the room I immediately growled and stared them down. I hated their guts, if they attacked Kania one more time I won't hesitate to hurt them. I won't kill them though, I won't out of respect for Kania but I will ruff them up.

"Kania, is it true? Did you kidnap these peoples daughter?" I hear Stormfly ask. I turn to her and now only realize that the others are watching. Including Toothless. Why do I now feel so self conscious? Like I don't want to disappoint him in any way? I quickly shake the feeling away and respond to Stormfly's question.

"Of course not! I was saving her! These people who are her parents are terrible! They hurt their own daughter, I saw it with my own eyes!" I quickly respond.

"I think I could see them doing that..." Barf comments silently.

"They don't even like us so they are probably making it up!" Belch chimes in.

"I believe you Twilight, I never doubted that you were telling the truth." Toothless tells me. I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and I feel thankful that he believes me. I return to growling at Kania's parents and Toothless joins in. The parents look at us both and grunt angrily. They storm off and out of the Great Hall. I turn to Toothless.

"Thank you for believing me." I thank him with a smile and he returns it.

"How are we going to handle this?" Hiccup says to himself aloud. I had almost forgotten that there were still people in the room. I walk up to him and nudge his leg. He looks down at me in confusion and I stare up at him, hoping he understands what I am trying to say. He soon smiles and nods, I assume he understands.

"I don't think we will need to send out a search party, I believe Kaia is just fine and probably walking around the village." Hiccup tells everyone in the room. I know that Kania can't stay with her parents anymore, so I will find a way to sneak her into the arena at night and hide her somewhere she can sleep without being found. Tomorrow is the third round. It will be the last round before the final round, and I have no idea what the challenge for tomorrow is. I can only hope and try my best to help Kania. Because as soon as she becomes my rider we are going to find her a new place to live, and then I will finally be able to spend my time thinking about other things.