Getting Better

Twilight's POV

After the 3rd trial I wanted to follow Kania and comfort her, whatever happened in there wasn't pleasant and I wanted to make sure she was okay. But I knew it wouldn't be so easy to slip away. I felt the piercing eyes of Hiccup on me, he must know something's up. I waddled over to Toothless and chatted to him for a bit, then when Hiccup wasn't looking I slipped away and headed to the spot me and Kania usually meet up. Our secret pond. I get there in a matter of seconds since I half ran half flew. I see Kania standing there waiting for me, when she hears my footsteps she turns around and smiles. Tear stains clear on her cheeks. She wipes away the last of her tears and hugs me, I give her a big lick right up her face. She spits out some slobber and giggles, trying to wipe the drool off the rest of her face. I want to cheer her up, she must have done something really hard to pass that trial and I want to make sure it was worth it. I flick my head to my back where my saddle is. Kania nods and climbs on steadily, positioning herself safely on the saddle.

"I'm ready when you are." She whispers gently. I spread out my wings letting her know I'm about to take off. I lift into the air without a sound and start gliding over the forest below. We don't fly slow for long however and we start flying faster than before.

"I'm ready to go even faster when you are!" Kania exclaims over the rushing wind on our faces. I lock my eyes forward and speed up. I can feel Kania shift on my back and hold a little tighter onto the saddle but she is still sturdy. When she leans I lean, when she puts her weight down I fly down.

"Faster! As fast as you can go!" She exclaims in a joy rush. I push my speed to the limit and we are flying so fast that the clouds and trees just look moving lines as we zip by. We fly straight up, we fly so high we pass the clouds. And then we dive, almost faster than the speed of sound. We near the ground and as soon as we get close enough Kania pulls up and she zooms above the trees with just the air moving us. But we are so busy looking at the trees we don't realize the large sea stack in front of us. Thinking fast I bump Kania into the air and over the sea stack and I don't hear or feel her, but just after I get to the other side of the stack I catch her and she lands on my back with a thud. She quickly sits up and regains her posture, once she gets in a good position she throws her hands up.

"WHOOOO! Yeah, that was awesome!" She cheers, her face lighting up and her eyes twinkling. She beams down at me and gently places her hand on my muzzle.

"Thank you Twilight, I'm glad I can trust you." She tells me, small tears flow from her eyes. These weren't sad tears though, they were happy tears. We make a swift turn back to the pond and land. We go our separate ways and I head to Toothless and Hiccup's house. Me and Kania were flying for so long we didn't realize that it was almost night time. I arrive at their house and I jump in through the top window. Toothless picks his head up from his stone slab.

"Where have you been?" He asks worriedly. I walk forward and nuzzle him, settling down beside him.

"Just flying around and exploring." I respond in a happy tone. He nuzzles me back.

"Where is Hiccup?" I ask, now only just realizing Hiccup wasn't in the house.

"He went to Astrid's for the night, so we have the house to ourselves." He tells me, sounding tired.

"Alright, goodnight Toothless. See you in the morning..." I yawn and curl up right next to him, my head under his. Tomorrow was a big day, it will be the last test. So I have to be ready. I can only hope Kania passes.