Where Have You Been?!

-AUTHORS NOTE-

Just so you all know, Kania is someone's OC who wanted to be part of the series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toothless's POV

It's been almost an entire day since I let Twilight go explore, I'm starting to get really worried. What if she got lost? What if she was captured by those people on the far side of the island? What if she flew away? I'm guessing everyone else is thinking the same thing because we are all sitting in the Great Hall in silence. Everyone looks deep in thought, especially Hiccup. I really hope Twilight is okay where ever she is, she promised she wouldn't leave and I trust her. I'm just so worried I start thinking of the worst possible scenarios.

"Alright, enough waiting around. We have to do something." Hiccup announces boldly.

"Like what? Twilight could have gone anywhere! I should have known we couldn't trust her to stay..." Snotlout snaps back. Hiccup ignores his comment and starts telling everyone what we should do.

"Fishlegs, round a group of riders and do an extra check around the village, if she's not there go to the cove and check there." Hiccup commands Fishlegs. Fishlegs nods and goes to the other side of the Great Hall. Hiccup starts walking towards the front doors.

"Snotlout, take Astrid and a few other riders around the island. Leave no rock unturned." He tells Snotlout, Snotlout grunts and starts calling some riders over.

"Ruffnut, Tuffnut. You guys take some riders to the Petrova household on the far side of the island. If they have Midnight do whatever you have to to get Twilight back." He tells the twins, they smirk and bang their heads together.

"Me, Toothless, and Valka with Cloudjumper will go to the island we found Twilight at. She might have returned there and Toothless is the only one who can-" Hiccup is interrupted when he opens the front Hall doors to find Twilight sitting right in front of them staring at Hiccup in a mix of confusion and relief.

"Twilight?! Where have you been?! I was getting worried!" I shout as a wave of relief floods over me. I skip over to Twilight and she opens her mouth to speak but I start asking questions to fast.

"Where were you? Are you okay? Did those people I warned you about capture you and you escaped? That's probably it, don't worry I will make sure it never happens again!" I stress quickly. She just chuckles lightly and nuzzles me.

"No, I just got a bit lost is all. I promised I wouldn't leave right? I never break promises." She whispers in my ear softly. I feel better now and I nuzzle her back. I was so worried something terrible had happened to her, the thought alone of her in trouble made me want to vomit.

"Well, it looks like we won't need a search party anymore." Hiccup comments, reminding me that they were watching. My face gets hot and I lower my head in embarrassment, Twilight just laughs.

"Awww we were hoping we would get to blast some people into oblivion." Ruffnut and Tuffnut say in sync. We all laugh and head inside the Great Hall, but me and Twilight stay outside and gaze up at the stars, side by side.

"The stars are quite beautiful tonight..." Twilight says in a hushed gentle voice.

"Not as beautiful as you..." I respond even quieter.

"Pardon, did you say something?" She asks.

"No!" I quickly respond.

"Alright..." She says before looking back to the stars. Twilight's eyes reflect the stars in the sky. She really does shine like a star to me.

25 minutes later...

"Common bud, let's go home and sleep. We have a big day tomorrow!" Hiccup yawns to me. I start walking with him and Twilight follows behind. Me and Hiccup get to the house and Twilight heads to the arena.

"Hey, um Twilight? Why don't you come sleep over with us tonight?" I ask her nervously, she might take it the wrong way if I'm not careful.

"Sure!" She responds, chipper. She trots with us into the house. I sleepily walk to my stone slab and lay down, I can feel Twilight lay down next to me. Back to back. I doze off into sleep and Twilight follows soon after.