I Slipped Up!

Twilight's POV

It is the day after the storm and I have been working really hard to help fix the damages. Unsurprisingly there was a lot of damage, especially the houses. Most of the houses were destroyed or very broken but can be repaired. Me and Kania's house was fortunately one of the few houses that had barely any damage, I can't say the same about her old house in the forest though. I honestly think it was good her old house was destroyed because when it was destroyed the bad memories went with it. Kania got sick yesterday because of the cold water but it's only a simple cold, it will go away soon. Right now I am helping to hold wood up above the broken houses for the people to repair. Toothless is telling the other dragons what to do below me, making sure they know what to do and how to do it. When I am asked to lower the wood so they can grab some to patch onto the house, I do as they ask. But I always keep my eyes open for Kania, I want to make sure she stays inside and warm. After about 3 hours worth of work, I sit down on a small hill next to Toothless. Over those 3 hours I was lower and moving wood, not to mention I had to carry rocks around and help plant new crops. It was hard work but I managed to complete all that I could in that time. Right now me and Toothless are just catching our breaths and admiring our hard work, we also gaze over a field a little ways off. We spot a bunch of Boar families and other animal families, it kind of makes me jealous that they all have their families but I lost mine.

"I always wondered who my parents were and if I had any siblings, I don't think about it as much anymore but the thought still sits in the back of mind. Waiting for me to answer the question that had been asked so long ago." Toothless tells me, staring longingly into the great beyond. He seems kind of lonely, I guess I would be too. I wasn't alone all my life and I knew I had a family but Toothless didn't know anyone of his kind until he met me.

"Your parents would be lucky to know a dragon as amazing as you is their son." I tell him, and it was true. Toothless is amazing, he is the leader of dragons, a sort of image of human and dragon friendships and he also defeated a Queen dragon. If his parents could see him now they would be so proud.

"Heh, thanks Twilight. That makes me feel a little better." He tells me softly, looking at the ground. I gaze back at the families in the fields beyond and to the human families with their families.

"Maybe we could have our own family one day..." I blurt out suddenly, trapped in the moment. It takes a moment for me to render what I said and I feel my face burn up and my heart beat fastens. Did I really just say that? Oh gods, I hope he doesn't think I'm weird or anything I really didn't mean to say that! I was just so caught up in the moment and seeing all the families around. Maybe I can say it was a joke or something...

"H-hey I didn't mean to say that I just slipped up, it was a-" I turn to Toothless, face visibly red. Then I realize Toothless was asleep, he must have worked really hard today for him to just fall asleep like that. At least he didn't hear me, that could have been a disaster. I don't really know why I said what I said it just came out and it felt like I meant it which is what scares me. What's happening to me!? I shake the feeling away, maybe I am just sick because of the water from yesterday or something. I'm probably over thinking it. I sigh softly and stare at Toothless's sleeping body, he looks really tired. I shouldn't wake him. I'm pretty tired myself actually, I think I will sleep too. I lay Toothless down on his side and I lay next to him, taking in the night time cloud scents that were around him. Toothless always smelled nice, it might sound weird but it's true. It was a warm day and there were flowers around us as I drifted to sleep. A cool breeze being the only thing moving that I could feel lightly on my nose as I drifted to dream land.