Easter Special

Twilight's POV

I am walking around the village, looking in all the shops for something interesting to look at. It's been a really boring day. I woke up this morning and me and Kania walked into the village. Some of the other village teenagers called Kania over, at first I was against it but when she got there they all apologized to her. They told her that they thought she was like her parents and even if she was it's not excuse for their actions. There was no malice or lies behind their words, all I could hear was sincerity. I gave a flick of my ear to Kania, letting her know I was going for a walk somewhere. She nodded reluctantly but was quickly engulfed with the words of the other people. And she was smiling so I knew I could go knowing she was okay. But right now I wish she was here with me. I'm so bored I could die, the only interesting thing I have seen today is a bunch of carrots that were half eaten. It was strange but then again everything on this island is strange, including the people. I walked into a clearing with houses and shops circled around it, I spotted Toothless. Thank goodness, at least now I have someone to talk to.

"Hey Tooth, how's your day going?" I ask him as I approach. He lifts his head at the nickname I called him.

"Tooth?" He repeats confused and a little flustered.

"Yeah, Toothless is to long so unless I am talking to your formally I am going to call you Tooth for short, 'kay?" I half tell him half ask.

"U-uh yeah sure." He stutters as he regains his previous posture.

"How is being 'Chief' of dragons going?" I asks him.

"Difficult and tiring but not much crazy stuff happens so I have a lot more free time than Hiccup. He is in a meeting right now." He tells me with a flat voice.

"That sucks, it must be a lot of work." I comment.

"Yeah I guess b-" Toothless starts but is interrupted by a rumbling. The ground shakes.

"Quick get back!" Toothless shouts to me while he ducks under the roof of a house on a deck. I am about to join him but my attention is grabbed by the large stampede of rabbits coming in my direction. Wait... RABBIT STAMPEDE?! Before I have time to say anything or react I am pulled back just in time to avoid being squashed by the stampede. Toothless saved me from my rabbit foot demise.

"What the heck was that!?" I question right after the stampede passes.

"That right there was a stampede of hungry crazed rabbits." Toothless says matter-o-fact. He sounds like it's normal.

"Why are you acting so calm!?" I question even more confused.

"Because this happens every year, it's a sort of yearly feeding for rabbits. It's called Bogglemig." He states, staring in the direction the rabbits went.

"This island is crazy!" I complain, adrenaline pumping through me. That was crazy, a stampede of innocent rabbits just about squished me!

"Yeah but you get used to it." He puts out.

"It seems like I have to get used to a lot of things..." I pout, why can't things ever be simple! At this Toothless laughs a bit.

"Well back to the matter at hand, we need to go track down those rabbits and get them out of village before they eat all the plant foods." Toothless points put before rushing off into the direction of the rabbits. Toothless is crazy sometimes, just crazy. I guess I have to help, this is my home now. I need to help keep it healthy and safe. I catch up with him and he comes to an abrupt stop, causing me to bump into him.

"Hey! Why did you stop!" I asks him grumpily. When I look over him I see the reason why he stopped. There are rabbits everywhere, and they're eating everything! People are panicking and running around every corner, people are yelling and even some are fighting off the rabbits.

"We have to help them." Toothless tells me, then he rushes into the hoard of bunnies and start rounding them up with plasma blasts. I join in after getting the message of what to do. A few other dragons join in and we drive the rabbits back into the forest. Then we look back at the damage. Almost all the crops are eaten and there is dust, footprints, and other debris everywhere.

"My eggs! My eggs! They've turned different colours!" I hear someone shout. I turn around and see the one who was yelling. Sven I think was his name? Everyone in the surrounding area crowds around him and gaze in awe at the different coloured eggs. Some were blue, some were stripped, some were even dotted with stripes! They were all chicken eggs but they turned different colours. My own gazing was interrupted by people asking the price of the eggs. People started crowding even more and I had to back out before I got squished. I spotted Toothless in the crowd and pulled him out.

"Now we're even." I tell him jokingly. He shakes his head and smiles at me.

5 hours later...

Me and Toothless are watching the sunset, side by side. Tails entwined. It was a long day of cleaning up the mess that the rabbits made but we managed. We still can't figure out how the eggs got coloured but that is a mystery for another day. The eggs sold out fast and when Fishlegs found out he bought as many as he could for research. I don't know if they will find anything but what I know for sure is that it will happen again next year and the years long after that. I nuzzle Toothless goodbye and go find Kania, when I find her she is still talking with the other teens. I trot over to her and nudge her back. Motioning her to the forest. She nods with a gentle smile and waves to her new friends. As we walk to our special spot I look around making sure there aren't any rabbits. I do NOT want to be a rabbit doormat. It was a long and bizarre day but it all worked out in the end. As I curled to sleep that night the memories of the day flooded my mind, I couldn't help but smile to myself. This place may be strange but it's home. And it's a home worth protecting, no matter what the cost.