thirty seven.

chérie doesn't exactly remember how she got to gina's place

she clearly recollected getting out of the house with a heavy heart. she was determinated to tell jason about how she felt towards him and explain her reasons face to face.

yet as she got into her car and drove, she realized she didn't know his address. shamefully, she parked into a starbucks station and contemplated her choices.

one, go back home and face ashley and vanessa if they aren't already busy with each other. two, text jason for his address which will totally ruin her mood if he doesn't respond right away or if he replies he's busy. three, get herself a damm coffee and think about what she's gonna say before facing him.

chérie went with the third option. she was already in front of starbucks and thinking about what she will say to him seemed better than just simply meet up and stutter her feelings.

and so, chérie sat on the bench outside the front store. starbucks was already crowded which made her uneasy, adding to her stress.

she didn't know how long she sat there. many went in and out, loud teenagers, busy workers in need of a cup of coffee, couple too busy drinking saliva to take an actual sip of their expensive drink.

in short, chérie took a lot more time than she thought she needed as she watched the sun slowly set for the day. just like how she wanted to, sleep her problems away. however, she knew both ashley and vanessa will be waiting for her back home since she practically ignored their calls and messages.

chérie wasn't ready for their pep talk. it's was almost eight as chérie got up to head home when she heard a loud shrill.

chérie blossom ? she heard someone say behind her. at first she thought it was in her head, all the caffeine must have finally taken affect however when she turned around, she was surprised to see her old best friend, back from cuba.

gina ? chérie replied back confused. gina was once chérie's bestfriend, back before she met ashley or vanessa. they went through middle school glued by the hips until high school when chérie moved away to california with her family.

they both tried to keep in touch but even they both knew that there was so much someone can do before realizing that not everyone is meant to stay in your life.

five texts and two phone calls turned to one text and a call until none was send by either. life got in the way but neither were bothered by that.

nonetheless, seeing the once upon little pigtailed girl in front of her now a gown up, made her more than just confused.

this is weird, gina exclaimed while walking over chérie and gave a hug. you call this weird ? if only you knew, chérie thought while she tried to hug her back.

i haven't seen you since you were like what ? twelve chérie responded and took a good look at her. chérie must admit that gina grew out of her chubby cheeks and baby fat, in fact she was skinnier and no longer had the fashion sense of a boy.