Chapter 3 - An Endless Night

Your P.O.V

I rolled over on my other side when I felt my shoulder starting to ache then buried my face into the soft pillow. I stretched out one leg when it was starting to feel too warm, that's when I noticed a lot of space. Wait a second, my bed isn't this big. I opened my eyes and looked down at the blanket that was draped over my shoulder. My blanket isn't blue. I sat up immediately when I realised this wasn't my bedroom. "Hey, you're awake,"someone said. His voice sounded all too familiar. I look up and see Light standing there at the other side of the room, his hands casually sitting in his pockets. It was dark in the room, the only thing providing light was the lamp on his desk. The events from earlier came rushing back and I felt my breathing go funny with worry.

"Are you okay?"he asked. As if he cared. What kind of a question was that anyway? He drugged and kidnapped me, is he serious? I cleared my throat, trying to find my voice. "Why did you bring me here?"I asked. I tried to sound confident but there was an obvious tone of fear in my voice. Light smiled a little, showing his perfect white teeth. "Why do you think I did? I need you here, it's too dangerous for you to go outside,"Light answered. I hated the way he made me sound like a helpless girl. I shook my head,"No Light, I don't want to be here. Just let me go home, please." I wanted to stay strong but it sounded like I was begging now.

He sighed and rubbed his temple in frustration. "How many times will I have to tell you? Can you not understand a single word I say? You're staying here tonight, got it?"Light said. I remained silent. "Got it?"he said louder this time. I nodded quickly, not wanting to anger him further. He sighed again but softer this time, I watched his shoulders relax. "I'm sorry (Y/N), just don't make me snap and there won't be any problems okay? I just want you stay here where you belong, it stresses me out so much when I don't know what's happening to you."

I didn't say anything, why is he trying so hard to 'protect' me? I glanced over at the door, I knew it would be locked so I didn't try to run out. Were his parents home? I should shout for help. "Don't you dare,"Light said, reading my mind. "My parents won't be back until the end of the week, so get comfortable." Shit. It's Monday, I won't be able to get help for ages now. Wait, doesn't he have a younger sister? What was her name? Sayu? I turned my head away and glanced at all the shelves stacked with books, pretending to take in my surroundings in his bedroom. "What? I wasn't thinking anything,"I lied, folding my arms.

He glared at me while walking over to the bed, I hunched my knees up to my chest and shrank further back against the bed, perhaps I should have stayed quiet. He grabbed my chin and lifted it up so I was facing him. "Don't give me that attitude and don't lie to me again. I admire your bravery, but I'd stop if I were you,"he said. "So here's the rules: Don't disobey me, don't try to escape and don't talk to other guys. I'm all the company you'll need anyway." He smirked at the end of his sentence then tried to kiss my cheek, but I pushed his face away.

He raised his hand and I flinched, thinking he was going to strike me - but his hand hovered for a moment then he caressed my face instead. "Behave will you? I don't want to have to hurt you,"he warned me. I'm not going to stay here and abide by his rules, I'm getting out of here. I wanted him to let go of my face too, so I pulled away and asked innocently,"May I go to the bathroom? I need to pee." Light smirked, I think he knew what I was up to. "Of course, follow me,"he said, taking my arm and hauling me out of bed.

I let him lead the way to a bathroom, he made sure he wouldn't lose his grip on my arm, I was sure it was turning purple from how hard he held it. He opened the bathroom door for me then said,"Here, you've got three minutes." I nodded then closed and locked the door quickly so he couldn't decide to come in with me. Disappointment struck me as I found one tiny window up high, it was entirely too small for me to fit through. I sighed then decided to use the toilet, I did need it anyway. After I washed my hands I gave my face a quick scrub too, it felt a little hot and sticky from crying earlier. I looked down at my uniform, my skirt was now creased and a little dirty from falling over, my blazer and tie slightly torn.