Chapter 12 - Soulless Eyes

Your P.O.V

As soon as I slipped my shoes on I bolted towards the door before I was stopped by Light. "Hey, don't forget your coat silly,"he said. I forgot it was frosty outside, even though we were out just an hour ago. I chucked on my coat quick then held Light's hand and let him lead the way. I knew he wasn't going to let me on any rides since it was freezing, but he said we could go play on the coin pushers and crane machines. I've never won a prize on them, I'm not good at it but I still have immense fun anyway.

It took at least twenty minutes to get there but it was worth the walk despite my feet being stiff from the cold. Light took out his wallet to exchange notes for coins so I took out my purse to do the same. When he spotted my purse he put it back in my pocket. "(Y/N), it's okay, I'm paying,"Light insisted. I still didn't want him to pay for me so I took it out again seconds later. He sighed deeply, and for a moment I thought he would turn angry - but instead he just snatched my purse and held it up high so I couldn't reach. "Hey, Light! That isn't funny,"I whined, standing on my tip-toes. I attempted jumping to retrieve it but I was nowhere near close, it was times like these when I hated myself for being short. My cheeks burned a little.

Light's face turned smug, he looked amused by this scene. "Oh, I guess you don't want this after all,"Light teased, shaking my purse in his hand. He slipped it into his coat pocket making me sigh in defeat. "Light, you don't have to pay for me,"I mumbled. He wrapped one arm round me and said,"But I want to, I won't be a gentleman otherwise." I rolled my eyes but didn't moan further. I should have told him that I hate being spoiled, I don't feel deserving of it.

The first coin pusher we played on I used a lot of coins with no luck. I sighed then moved aside for Light to have a go, after his second try he didn't win a prize but many more coins came spilling out making a satisfying clink sound. He smirked from his fortune then I gently punched his arm and said,"No fair, I would have gotten that." He laughed and raised an eyebrow. "Sure,"Light said.

When we moved on to another machine I noticed someone standing close behind us, I moved aside and tugged on Light's sleeve, thinking this guy wanted to use it. This person had messy black hair sticking up in wild directions, his skin noticeably pale. He was an unusual looking guy in my opinion, he only wore a baggy white shirt and big blue jeans - this being strange since it's winter. The thing that unsettled me about this person were his eyes, pure black and soulless, his gaze was locked on Light and I.

He raised his hand and said,"No, you two can use it." Light was now glaring a little at this guy too, it was almost like a staring contest until I spoke up. "Um..well, thank you,"I mumbled, managing a smile too. Light didn't look happy but he turned his attention back to the machine anyway. I could still feel his eyes were on us, I knew Light was feeling the same too. It wasn't until ten minutes later when we both turned around we found him gone.

I had many goes on the crane machine but with each try I failed of course. Light chuckled then stepped in. "Which one do you want?"Light asked, taking out a coin. I pointed to a small yellow stuffed rabbit, I thought it was the cutest toy in there. He took his time and concentrated, it was no surprise when he won it. I was excited nevertheless as he handed it over to me. "L-Light, thank you!"I said cheerily, smiling at my new gift. I gave Light a quick peck on the cheek but then felt shy and foolish from doing so. Light touched his face where I kissed him a few seconds ago then smiled. "Hey, that's the first time you've made the first move,"Light said happily. I felt myself go red so I hid my face with the rabbit making him chuckle.

I felt even more embarrassed when I found out someone was watching, it was the same guy from before. He was standing a few machines away from us, eating gummy bears and holding a bar of chocolate. Light saw this too and looked a little frustrated, he was ruining our fun day out. I ignored this guy and turned my attention back to the stuffed rabbit, I named it Cuddles - taken from a TV show. We played on countless more machines before calling it a day. Before we left the amusements, Light bought me a milkshake (chocolate flavour) to drink on the way home. Light held my hand tight and made sure I was close for warmth. Every now and then he would lean down to take a sip too making me blush again.

By the time we got home it was starting to get dark outside already. Light gave me my purse back, but it felt way heavier than it was before. I opened it up to find many more coins inside, it was the money he had left over from the machines. "No Light, I can't take it, you won that!"I protested. I held my purse out to him but he pushed it back to me. "I want you to have it,"he said. I shook my head,"Please stop spoiling me." Light paused but then smirked a little and said,"Alright, we can exchange things instead." I was too slow to realise what he was getting at, he held my arms and his lips slowly found its way to mine. The kiss was much more gentle than yesterday making my heart skip a beat. He pulled away then pointed to my purse,"There, I got what I wanted, so you can accept it now."

I smiled and didn't protest any further, he always got his way but I didn't mind it this time. I kept wondering the rest of the evening who that guy was back at the arcade. I didn't recognise him from anywhere despite his eccentric look. I think Light was wondering the same thing too.