Chapter 25 - Her Name

Your P.O.V

The next morning Light and I woke late in the day, it has already gone past eleven. There were no more school days for a while so we didn't really care. Light hopped out of bed to get changed, today was Thursday, the day we plan to 'help' Ryuga, we had a text message from him earlier to meet him in a cafe. Probably so he'd have easy access to cake.

I lied back lazily in bed, just watching Light. "(Y/N), you need to get dressed,"Light said as he buttoned up his shirt. I shrank further down under the covers and teased,"No." Light folded his arms in a jokingly way,"Oh? I guess I'll have to dress you then." I squirmed a little and giggled from his touch, he was accidentally tickling me from my sensitive skin. I forgot how scary he was yesterday when he exploded. Light was patient right now but had a little difficulty with my bra. "So confusing,"he muttered quietly. I laughed then sat up and changed myself.

We had a late breakfast before setting off hand in hand to the cafe. As expected, we found Ryuga there sitting the way he does on a chair, just eating a slice of strawberry cake. When he spotted us he waved his hand and motioned for us to come sit with him. Light made sure that he was sitting in the middle, making it obvious he doesn't want me anywhere near Ryuga.

"Thank you for sparing some time to come help me today,"Ryuga said. Light and I nodded, I removed my coat but found I was now a little cold. Light noticed this then ordered a coffee for himself and a hot chocolate for me to warm me up, it had whipped cream in the shape of a heart on top. I think he was doing it on purpose in front of Ryuga but I licked my lips appreciatively all the same.

I glanced around the cafe, there were only two other people here so it was a fine, small place to talk. Ryuga then started explaining to us quietly that he believes Kira is in the Kanto Region of Japan, Light and I saw this coming and remained calm. This is just another trick to slip us up, since we live in Tokyo. What would be the point of him telling us this otherwise? If he didn't suspect us as Kira he wouldn't even be sharing this information.

After ten minutes went by of discussing the case, something then caught our attention to the tiny screen on the wall of the cafe. It read 'Urgent News', Light and I knew exactly what it was. I felt myself glow inside, what perfect timing. It was a message from 'Kira', who we knew was clearly the imposter. It attracted Ryuga's attention though. This Kira started predicting more killings like how he/she had done last night. I didn't understand what the purpose of this was, but it was working as a distraction nevertheless.

L's P.O.V

There it is again. There was another message like this one on TV yesterday evening. This is where the big question hits me, how does Kira kill? If this person speaking on the screen right now is Kira, that would drop suspicion of Light and (Y/N) by a lot, they're sitting with me right now. No. Perhaps it's someone else, an ally doing it for them? This behaviour isn't like Kira at all. I know my hunch is correct, this must be a third Kira. This fake must be trying to get the real Kira's attention to join up.

Your P.O.V

Ryuga was staring intently at the screen, using all of his concentration on it. I saw him raise an eyebrow slightly, does he know this isn't the real Kira? I tried to relax, either way it will buy us time to think of a way out of all this, he'll be too busy investigating this fake. My eyes widened as I realised something while listening to the TV. An announcer on Sakura TV just claimed that someone died in their building, a security guard. No one is filming the building on live TV meaning this person is in our area.

Light must have been right when he said that this Kira may have greater powers than his own, it looks like this person has made the shinigami eye deal. I felt my heart racing again when I thought some more, if this person is close and has stronger powers, we could easily get trapped.

Ryuga then took out his phone, murmuring something to someone on the other line. I heard him telling someone to search the area, it looked as if he had the same thoughts as me. Ryuga slipped his phone in his pocket and stood up before turning to us. "I'm sorry to cut this short, I have to go. Tomorrow?"he asked. We nodded and watched him as he left the cafe quick. He must have told his team that the fake is at or nearby Sakura TV studios. We waited for several minutes to not seem suspicious before getting up and dashing back home.

When we got back inside I was panting from the effort of running while Light already threw off his shoes and coat. "We have no use for this fake now, he or she has done enough for the distraction. We must kill this third Kira before L catches them, they'd only spill everything about the notebooks or want to meet up with us. I'm not taking any chances, this person might try to blackmail us and ruin everything,"Light said, now hurrying upstairs.

I followed him to his bedroom and watched as he snatched his notebook from his desk draw and grabbed a pen. I stood behind Light as he turned on his computer quick. "But...how will this person even find us? I know they've already found our location but how will they know we're Kira?"I asked, a little confused. Light entered his password in a flash and explained,"This fake has the eyes and is already in our area, with that, they can spot who I am in an instant. People with the eyes are able to tell who has and who hasn't got a notebook."

I then wondered some more. If this person wanted to get close to Light and team up, then this was a pretty stupid way of doing it. This person is only drawing attention to L and putting themself in danger. Light hacked into Sakura TV's recordings from today, I watched in bewilderment as my heart raced, worrying about how much time we had left. But Light seemed to know what he was doing, I think he already expected this to happen. We watched all the tapes closely, seeing if anyone odd had entered any rooms.

A few minutes went by until we suddenly shifted our eyes to a small blonde girl who entered one of the rooms. She ran and crouched down to pick up a scrap piece of paper that was left on the ground. Light watched her intently and declared,"That must be the fake! She returned to the building because she's left some evidence behind, that must be a scrap of the notebook surely."

This girl was carrying a backpack over her shoulders, when we saw her unzip it, she took out her own notebook. I felt like face palming myself, even I knew that was a stupid move, she could have just used the scrap of paper but instead she just exposed her notebook to the camera. She hastily wrote down a security guard's name who was running up to her, since she snuck in. After she scribbled his name in the notebook she sprinted back outside, that must have been the guy they announced dead on TV earlier.

Light squinted his eyes at the screen and scoffed,"What a stupid girl, how can she just take it out in public? How dumb, she should've known there'd be cameras inside. We must delete this recording, I can't have L finding this, it'll only give him another hint." Light took a single screenshot so he'd be able to identify this person later and kill her, then he deleted the recordings. As I stared for the second time at the photo, I saw something familiar about this girl. It then hit me.

"I-It's Misa Misa! The famous model!"I exclaimed, getting Light's attention. "I don't know how I didn't realise before, h-her real name is Misa Amane." My words wobbled a little at the last sentence, I felt guilt whenever I had to write someone's name, even if they were bad people. Light stood still for a moment before his mouth started twitching a little, his eyes going a bit red. He then burst out laughing making me jump and take one step back. "She certainly is a stupid girl! What a total bimbo, she entered a building filled with cameras and pulled out her own death note, and didn't even try to hide her face even though she's someone so famous!"Light laughed, near tears. I shook a little.

His new tone unsettled me but I said and did nothing. As he took out his pen, his evil looking grin stretched wide. He slammed his pen down in satisfaction as he finished her name. "You have already sullied Kira's name, that'll teach you to mess with me."