Chapter 27 - A Christmas Miracle

Your P.O.V

I gagged and covered my mouth when I awoke the next morning, I felt terribly sick. I broke the hug with Light (which we share every night) and dashed to the toilet quick. I threw up in the toilet and stayed in the bathroom for several minutes before drinking a glass of water and getting back on my feet. I felt my forehead, I didn't feel ill, I must have had too much cake last night. I splashed my face with water and smiled though, I won't let this ruin today. It's Christmas.

I brushed my teeth then clutched my front a little as I wandered back to Light's bedroom, careful not to move so fast. Light sat up in bed with a concerned look. "Are you okay (Y/N)?"he asked. I nodded and smiled reassuringly before sliding back into bed with him. He pulled me into a gentle hug and kissed my cheek before whispering,"Merry Christmas." I breathed out, feeling a little better from earlier. "Merry Christmas,"I said back. We stayed cuddled for a minute or two before Light hopped out of bed to fetch something. He took out a large gift bag that was hidden behind his desk, his smile went wide. "Here, you may open your gift now,"he said. I smiled back in excitement, he'd be surprised to see I've got him something too. Light's the first person other than Claire and my parents who I've bought a gift for, I felt a bit grown up for doing so.

Light handed me the gift bag and took a seat next to me to watch. The first thing I pulled out was a (F/C) purse, it felt heavy, it was loaded with coins. "You may treat yourself today my love,"Light said. I felt happy but shook my head all the same, he doesn't have to spoil me. The next thing I took out made my face turn a dark shade of red. I was holding some white lingerie. "L-Light!"I said, feeling a little uneasy. He didn't seem ashamed, he wrapped one arm round my waist and whispered in my ear,"I think you'd look beautiful wearing it." I couldn't help but laugh a little even though I knew he was being serious.

I put my two items to the side to keep looking, he's spent far more money on me already, I wished I could give him more. My next present put me on edge, it was even more embarrassing than the last one. I found a black collar with the name 'Light' in white written on it. I flushed again. "What's with all this perverted stuff? And I'm not a dog Light!"I said, trying to laugh it off, but my voice was wobbly. "Huh, I thought that was the best one,"Light said, now licking my neck. He kissed my neck once then leaned his head against mine to continue watching. I then found some rose scented perfume, soap and shampoo, I was grateful for this one. "Thanks Light, it smells lovely,"I said appreciatively.

The last thing in the bag shook me the most, I took out a tiny box that was labelled 'Pregnancy Test'. Light stroked my belly slowly. "Just in case, you know, we get a baby after all.."Light said hopefully. I was silent for a moment, it then hit me. "Oh god...that's what it was,"I mumbled. Light looked at me and asked,"What's wrong?" It took me a while to say it, I was overwhelmed with shock. "I-I was sick this morning, I don't have a fever or anything, I didn't know what it was,"I answered. Light's eyes gleamed a little then he stood up, a little excited. "Really? Go take the test,"he said while smiling.

So I returned to the bathroom to take the test, my heart was pounding endlessly the whole time. What would my parents think of me if I got pregnant? The thought of being a teen mum didn't sound nice. Whenever I imagine the future, I do picture having kids but, not this early. I started trembling when I thought of everything that could go wrong. What if Light suddenly got tired of me and left me with the baby? What if my parents turned me out of the house?

My hands were shaking as I held the stick, waiting for the results. A few minutes went by when it finally gave me an answer. Even though I was expecting it, I was in complete shock now. It came back positive. I was going to have a baby. I wandered back to Light's room, holding the test in one hand. Light got up off the bed, eager to know the answer. "Well?"he asked, grinning. I couldn't say anything so he had a look himself, his smile curling wider when he realised. Light pulled me into a tight embrace and stroked my hair with one hand and rubbed my back with the other. "I swear, I'll never leave you to be a single mother, I love you so much (Y/N). What a Christmas miracle,"he whispered. The sick feeling in the pit of my stomach had gone, I felt instantly reassured and hugged him back, tears now in my eyes. I still felt beyond anxious and scared of being a mother so early, but I listened to Light's soothing words for a while, I trusted him.

When Light broke the hug he leaned down to stroke my tummy then he kissed it several times lovingly. Ryuk watched all of this in silence and bewilderment, I didn't like the fact he was watching us nearly all the time. We then had breakfast with the others before opening yet more gifts from Sayu and their parents. I thanked them all for being so kind, I wonder what they'd think about this whole baby thing. Light planned to take me out shopping so I took my new purse and let him put two layers of jackets on me since it was freezing outside. The whole walk to the shops Light pulled me closer than before, closing what little space was left between us. He was being extra-protective now that I'm carrying his baby.

I spent my money on a new outfit and a movie I thought I'd enjoy. As I was paying for these things I suddenly remembered Light's present, I completely forgot because of all this baby stuff now on my mind. Before he could lead me to another shop I stopped him. "Light, I didn't give you your present,"I said, tugging on his sleeve. Light shook his head, misunderstanding, then replied,"Don't waste your money on me." It was my turn to shake my head. "No, I've already bought you one. Remember on Wednesday when you thought I ran away?"I said. Light's face fell a little, suddenly looking a bit guilty. "Of course you did...god I feel stupid, why do I keep thinking you're going to run?"Light said. I kissed his cheek and started leading him home already,"It's okay Light, it's in the past now."

When we reached home Light watched me as I stuck my head under the bed to retrieve the hidden present. I found the tiny box then got back on my feet to give it to him a little shyly. Light opened the box to find the new watch inside, he smiled as I pointed out the hiding place where he could slip in a scrap of paper. "Thanks (Y/N), I shall wear this everyday,"he said, slipping it round his wrist. We then shared a long kiss before he whispered in my ear,"My clever girl." We then went back downstairs to help out Light's mum with the Christmas dinner.

I wouldn't say I'm good at cooking but I tried to make myself as useful as possible in the kitchen. Once we were done with the food, Light and I set up the table then served out the food. Sayu was dressed up nicely in a new dress, looking cuter than ever, she was talking to us endlessly throughout the whole dinner. Mr Yagami was still tired as always, slumping back in his chair, he let Light carve the turkey for the first time. Light was smirking a little, he seemed proud to be the 'man of the house' now. Sayu and her dad praised my cooking, I smiled but I knew they were just being polite, Mrs Yagami did most of the work.

After the delicious dinner I skipped dessert, I didn't feel so hungry and felt the morning sickness thing coming back. Light skipped it too, he doesn't like sweets as much as everyone else. As his family stayed at the table Light took my hand and ushered me to get my coat on, he was taking me outside again.

It was freezing outside, I could see tiny clouds every time I breathed out so we huddled for warmth as we walked along. We then talked about the baby again, we both decided that we wouldn't find out the gender and wait to find out when it comes. I got a buzz in my pocket, my parents wishing me a Merry Christmas. "Heh, wait till my dad finds out what you've done to me,"I joked. Light laughed a little nervously and scratched his neck in the same manner, but then held me closer reassuringly.

He took me to the park and sat me down on a bench, having me lean against him. It was pitch black out here but I wasn't scared with him around. Light poked my shoulder then pointed up at the sky. "Look,"he whispered. I looked up and smiled at the scene, clouds disappeared leaving stars in the sky. I jumped when I heard a loud noise, there were fireworks in the distance. I held onto Light's arm, startled from the sound, he chuckled at that. I relaxed and watched as the fireworks painted colour in the sky, it lasted for what seemed like hours. When it stopped we remained seated and stared at the stars again, I was hoping to see a shooting star. I would wish for this night not to end.