Chapter 7 - A Peaceful Evening

Your P.O.V

I sat myself back up when I heard Light coming up the stairs. He was holding a tray of (F/F) and coke, I guess he really is a stalker, he knew how to please me. I suddenly found my appetite coming back and ate everything off my plate. He took the tray and went off back downstairs to clean the dishes while I fidgeted, there were no more shows that I liked going on today so I switched off the TV, not wanting to watch anything else.

When Light returned he glanced at the TV and asked,"Done now?" I hummed and nodded for an answer so he took the remote and placed it back on his desk. He sat back down on the bed next to me awkwardly, there was a little silence. I shifted in my place, I couldn't seem to get comfortable because of my ankle and bruised arm.

Light noticed this. "Hey, is your ankle okay?" He asked. I frowned, making it obvious it was hurting badly. "Can I take a look at it?"Light asked. I rejected his help before but I accepted it this time. I nodded and moved towards the edge of the bed as he crouched down on the floor. He held my foot in one hand and pulled down my sock a little with the other. I gulped as I looked at it for the second time, it seemed to have gotten worse than before. Although he touched it gently, I flinched and said,"Ow." He held up his hand and quickly apologised,"Sorry, sorry." He stood up and headed towards the door. "I'll just go get some things to treat it okay?"

I waited patiently while swinging my other foot playfully, my feet still don't touch the ground when sat down. Light came back fast with an elastic bandage and paracetamol. He wrapped the bandage tenderly round my ankle, making sure it wasn't too tight. When he was done he stood up and smiled. He then took a spare pillow from the bed and positioned me so I was lying down again, then he placed my foot on the pillow to elevate it. I felt like crying from this sudden affection. Why is he being so kind? I was sure he'd be furious with me after what I did. Light handed me two pills from the paracetamol box, so I took them and swallowed it with some water.

I fidgeted again and looked down. "Um..thank you, Light,"I mumbled. He smiled bigger than before. "You're welcome,"he said. He then put his coat and shoes on, making me wonder where he was going. He saw my curiosity and answered for me,"I'm just going out shopping for a few things (Y/N), I'll be back as soon as possible. Here, you can read until I get back." Light searched his bookshelf and handed me a book. It was my favourite manga, I felt stunned at first but then reminded myself that he stalked me. I didn't comment on this and just watched him leave the room.

Even though I was a bit creeped out, I enjoyed the book while waiting for him to return. When my hands started shaking from turning the pages I pulled the spare blanket up over my body again. Even though I love reading, I read everything at a pretty slow pace. I take my time. So when Light returned it was a surprise to see how many pages I had read within a half hour, I really did enjoy myself. Light wasn't carrying any shopping bags so I assumed he dropped them off downstairs. I looked over at the alarm clock next to me then shut my book when I realised how late it was. It was nearly eleven o'clock already.

"Well..I better go to sleep,"I said quietly. I marked my place in the book then set it down on the bedside table. I got up to go get changed and brush my teeth in the bathroom, Light came to my side quickly to steady me. "Here, let me help,"he said. He let me lean on his shoulder while he guided me to the bathroom. It took me longer to change this time, my ankle was finally starting to feel better so I didn't want to set it off again. Once I brushed my teeth and washed my face I felt refreshed, much better than I was this morning.

Light was waiting patiently outside as usual then he helped me back to his room. As I sat down on the edge of the bed he was looking away and scratching the back of his neck nervously. That's when I realised he hasn't taken out the spare mattress yet. "(Y/N)...may I sleep with you tonight?"he asked. I felt my face blush all over. "Huh?"I said, taken aback. He raised his hands quickly and gabbled,"Oh no! No, not that way. That's not what I meant." I relaxed after that, feeling a bit reassured. I still didn't feel one hundred percent comfortable with him being near me, there's still the part of me that's terrified of him of course, he's only just been acting nice recently.

But, I didn't argue and let him get under the covers with me. I was wary of him at first in case he tried anything, but he didn't. It was extremely awkward at first but after he turned off the lamp, we both relaxed. I tensed up though when he moved closer. I kept still when he suddenly held my waist gently ten minutes later, perhaps he thought I was asleep. I was ready to push him away and jump out of bed, but he didn't touch me inappropriately. He slowly pulled my body against his and I got goosebumps from his action. His chest was against my back, I've never seen him with his shirt off but I'm guessing there's muscle under there. Wait why am I even thinking about this..? When I felt him nuzzle his face into my neck I blushed completely red, I've never been this close to a boy. I didn't even realise at first that I've stopped shaking, it was much warmer when cuddling.

After a while I heard his breathing maintain a low and calm rhythm, I assumed he was asleep now which was shocking, these past two nights he'd spend most his time watching me but now he's out like a light. Ha. Good one (Y/N). I craned my neck to look up at him, I felt my heart melt at his expression. His mouth was slightly open, the corner of his lips curling upwards. He's smiled before already but this one looked real. It looked gentle. It looked happy. I felt my face crumple but then blinked hard so I wouldn't cry. I haven't even seen that smile at school, he's always putting on a charming fake expression. Perhaps I was the only thing that made him feel normal?