Chapter 53 - More Morning Sickness

Your P.O.V

He came back in his bedclothes so I assumed it was time to sleep, which I didn't care to do, I've been sleeping all day. "Hey (Y/N),"Light said calmly. I didn't respond and kept my knees hunched up to my chest, resting my chin on top and staring into space. I heard him move some bedcovers. "I'll be sleeping down here with you, okay?" Of course he gets to sleep on a normal bed, even though I was afraid of sleeping alone in the basement I didn't care for him to be near me. "Yes that's fair, you get your own bed,"I muttered quietly. He heard anyway. "I'll happily sleep with you in the cage,"Light offered. I scowled at him then pulled the blanket up tight over my shoulders and rolled on my side so I wasn't facing him anymore.

I jumped when I felt a cold hand lightly touch my cheek ten seconds later, I didn't even realise he walked over to the cage. I smacked his hand,"Go away." The smack had no effect on him, he hovered his hand near my face and whispered,"I just want to tuck you in." I pulled the blanket directly over my head this time, completely blocking him out. I heard him sigh softly before he returned to bed. "Goodnight (Y/N),"he said. I said nothing in reply and cried secretly and quietly, mourning Claire again.

                              *  *  *
I believe it was early the next morning when I had to pull the blanket off my face to breathe, it was getting too hot despite it being a cold basement. My shoulder was starting to ache so I turned on my other side and jumped violently, Light was watching me sleep, like how he used to when he first kidnapped me. He was sat cross-legged on the ground close up to the cage, watching me intently. "What are you doing?"I asked angrily. He stared as I rubbed my eyes before answering,"Just watching you." I sat up in bed and edged further away from him, feeling disgusted. "What? Scared I'll escape?"I muttered. His expression remained empty. "Well, the thought was keeping me up all night yes,"Light admitted. He reached his hand through the bars to stroke my cheek. "But I know you won't get the chance to leave me."

I smacked his hand again making him sigh and stand up. "What would you like for breakfast?"he asked gently. I folded my arms and looked down, just glaring at the ground. "I'd like my freedom back,"I mumbled angrily. I saw his fingers twitch out of the corner of my eye. "(Y/N), you know that's not an option,"he said. It was clear in his tone that he was trying to keep his temper. I tried thinking of something smart to say, something that would push his buttons. "You're being just as bad as L, I don't want to be locked up,"I said. I didn't really think L was a bad person for doing that, I know it was just part of the investigation. It startled me when Light suddenly kicked the cage fiercely, making me jump again. "Oh? So L's allowed to lock you up but not me?"he asked huskily. I looked away from him and held my arms, feeling scared again and already regretting trying to anger him.

"No one gets to lock me up,"I protested in a whisper. Light's eyes widened when he realised I was fearful again. He crouched back down and tried touching me,"No, I'm sorry (Y/N)! I didn't mean to snap." When he touched my hair I ducked my head away, he had a hurt look in his eyes then. He looked down then left the room without another word.

I didn't even notice I was shaking until he was gone. I tried to calm myself. I 'did my business' in the bucket which was beyond embarrassing, reminding me of the interrogation room. I felt depressed again, just like I was last time. Nothing's helping.

Light produced breakfast with a smile on his face but I didn't fancy eating. I felt sick. Really sick. I groaned a little when I realised it was morning sickness again. "(Y/N), please eat your food,"Light said, he was sat beside the cage again to watch. I looked down at the tray, the warm porridge didn't appeal to me, the smell made me feel nauseous. I covered my mouth. "(Y/N)? Are you okay?"Light asked, reaching to touch my shoulder. I didn't dare to move away from him, I felt like any action could make me throw up. "Oh, morning sickness?" I slowly nodded to that. He patted my shoulder before standing up. "Want me to help?"he asked. I gave in and nodded again.

He took the tray of porridge away and left the room to get something. He came back five minutes later with a bowl in case I was sick, a tray with some lemon tea and raspberry sorbet. I groaned a little. "Can't I have some pills or something?"I mumbled. I didn't want to eat anything. Light passed me the tray and said,"I read that certain pills would need to be prescribed for that, eating this should help a little." I picked up my spoon and poked the sorbet. "So can I go to a doctor to get them?"I said angrily. Light sat down behind me and reached his arms through the bars, either hand on my sides. "You know you can't do that, I'll help you feel better instead,"he said. Light started rubbing my belly but I smacked his hands away and snapped,"Just leave me alone!" Light took his hands away sadly and sighed, leaving the room again until I've calmed down.

I sniffed a little sadly and clutched my front, still in pain. I was starting to get a bit of a belly, it was only a small bump but I can feel the baby kick more frequently now. I tried eating for the baby at least, spooning the sorbet into my mouth slowly. At first I thought I'd be sick but it tasted good so I had another spoonful, savouring the sweet taste. Before I knew it, I finished the whole thing. I sipped a bit of my tea afterwards, and something about the lemon scent calmed me, I didn't feel so sick anymore.

Light came back fifteen minutes later to see how I was, he crouched down and whispered,"You okay?" I was leaning against one side of the cage while holding my arms, I nodded. I barely gave him a second glance as he took my bucket and tray away to clean them, he came back to sit beside the cage and watch me while I did nothing. I stared into space the whole time even though I knew he was watching my every move, doesn't he have 'work' to do? He always spends his hours writing in that damn notebook.

I glanced at him but he was still watching me with a blank face, sitting cross-legged again. My nose suddenly tickled and I gave an almost silent sneeze, Light's mouth twitched into a smile and his eyes lit up. "What?"I said, rubbing the tip of my nose. He smiled at me sweetly. "That was cute,"he stated. I turned away from him again and did nothing. We both did nothing all day, he was satisfied from just watching me, admiration in his eyes.

                              *  *  *
I had morning sickness again the next day, this time much worse. Light gave me the same food that helped yesterday with some crackers to nibble on too, but there was still a dull pain in my stomach. Light sat behind me again to touch my belly so I moved away from him, feeling annoyed. I hate that he's trying to act nice after what he did. "Just don't touch me!"I snapped. He kept his hands where they were. "(Y/N), I just want to help, you're carrying my baby so I want to make you feel better,"Light said gently. I squirmed again so he took his hands away sadly.

I was near tears when I still felt sick half an hour later. I heard Light shuffle closer. "(Y/N)?"he whispered. I continued to stare at nothing and groaned quietly. He reached his hands through the bars to touch my belly again and this time I didn't say anything and didn't move away. Light gently massaged the area where it was aching and I let him.