Chapter 65 - Finally Understanding

Your P.O.V

A week has passed and it's the same. I have to do the cooking and cleaning while Light was at work, I didn't care if I had to take part in the housework, I just hated how impatient and horrible Light was about it. He makes me iron his shirt every morning and even asked me to tie his damn shoes yesterday which pissed me off, it's like he's the baby now, making me do everything for him with still one hand.

I took off my sling and washed up the dishes after making him breakfast, he returned back upstairs to change his clothes for work. I went to the bathroom before going up after him. I splashed my face with cold water and stared at myself in the mirror for a full five minutes, I didn't look much like myself anymore. My eyes didn't show the same glow like it used to, they looked lifeless. My cheekbones were showing themselves a little even though Light has been forcing me to eat my food, I'd never fully finish my meals unless he hit me. I never bothered styling my hair or hanging clips there anymore, I wouldn't care if it looked messy too but Light made sure I looked decent everyday, telling me to brush my hair every morning and still telling me what to wear.

I stepped on the scale set on the bathroom floor to measure my weight, I've lost a bit. I didn't know whether to feel happy or sad from that, I wanted to make Light feel horrible but at the same time I didn't want him to hurt me for it. There's plenty of marks all over me now, bruises trailing up my skinny arms. I guess I shouldn't be starving myself, it's bad for the baby and it's only making me weaker, I can't fight back with arms that look like matchsticks. Do I want to fight back? I don't know what I want anymore. I was startled when I heard him call my name. I quickly slipped my sling back on and rushed out the bathroom and up to our bedroom.

Light was staring at himself in the mirror as he got dressed, smirking a little when he heard me come in. He looked very attractive in his smart black suit but that just made me feel disgusted, I'm not sure how to feel about him anymore. "(Y/N),"he said as he shrugged his black blazer on. "Fold my tie for me,"he ordered casually. He chucked his tie my way with a sick look on his face, enjoying all this control. I dropped it when he threw it to me then felt humiliated as I bent down to pick it up, I stood still for a moment, not really wanting to do it for him, he can easily do it himself. He raised his eyebrows at me threateningly, I knew I had to obey so I walked over to him.

I somehow managed to fix his tie for him like he asked with one damn hand, he folded his arms and smirked from my obedience. "I knew you'd come around, good girls always do,"Light said smugly. I moved back a little when I was done and looked down. He laughed at my pathetic face, instead of crying something suddenly urged me to dare say something. "Stop being so cruel, just because I'm not acting like how you want me to doesn't mean you can treat me like shit,"I mumbled sadly. He glared at me then slapped my face,"What did I tell you about swearing?" I held my face and protested,"You do it too." He growled a little. "I'm allowed to because I'm the boyfriend, I'm the one in charge here,"he scowled.

I snapped then, something burned inside me, I'm sick of all of this now. I'm done being his pet. I wiped a tear away that wasn't welcomed to fall then shouted at him shakily,"Stop being a sexist prick! Being a guy doesn't make you 'in charge' and it certainly doesn't give you the right to beat me whenever you like. I don't care that you have a job now and you provide for us, it does not make you any more superior!" Light snarled at me. "I could easily leave you on the streets to die but I won't, consider being grateful for once and stop acting like an insolent brat!"he yelled at me. He suddenly chuckled a little and pushed me towards the door, I stumbled backwards and nearly fell over. "So why don't you just go back to the kitchen where all you women belong." His tone was low and spiteful, his words truly disgusted me.