Chapter 41 - Successful Plan

Your P.O.V

After Light and I had dinner I stayed curled up on his lap, we've been cuddling for hours now. My eyes were starting to droop so I rested my head on his shoulder as he continued to stroke my hair until I fell asleep.

Light's P.O.V

Ryuzaki cleared his throat a little when he found (Y/N) sleeping, signalling that we should go to bed now. I ignored him and stroked her hair three more times before scooping her tiny body up into my arms, carrying her to our room bridal style, her little feet dangling. I kissed her forehead tenderly before lying her down in bed, I gently removed her jacket before pulling the blanket over her shoulder, she was still deep in sleep from the long, exciting day. I turned to see L who was just watching all of this in silence. I raised an eyebrow at him before sliding under the covers with (Y/N), L then sat on his own bed which was placed next to ours.

I pulled (Y/N)'s body towards mine and smiled, I've missed these nights so much. As I nuzzled my face into her hair I felt eyes were still on me, I turned to see L still looking my way, just watching. "Go to sleep Ryuzaki, why are you staring?"I asked. L turned away before saying,"Sorry." He got under his own covers and faced the other way. I took my attention back to (Y/N), she looked adorable with her small hands hunched up to her chest, her mouth slightly open as she dreamed away. I frowned a little at the mark on her wrist but gently covered it with my own hand, I'll make sure she never does it again. She's even more delicate than I had originally thought, I won't let L take her back to that interrogation room, her poor mind can't handle any more. She started shaking a little in her sleep so I cuddled her close for warmth. I buried my face into her hair again before breathing in her scent like earlier, there was something so relaxing about it. When I sniffed for the second time I smiled to myself, she's been using the rose shampoo I gave her, she's so perfect. I made sure to comfort her whenever she stirred slightly or woke up again, cradling her back to sleep. She was cuddling me tighter than usual, never wanting to let go.

                            *  *  *
Your P.O.V

Light and I awoke to the sound of Ryuzaki hopping out of bed, he was leaving to get something for breakfast. I rubbed my eyes then looked up and smiled at Light who was holding me close to his chest, he rested his forehead against mine. I felt well rested, this was one of the best nights in ages. After a while Light tried ushering me out of bed so we could eat something too but I clung to him, insisting we stay in bed a little longer. He sighed softly but smiled too and gave in. "When can we go home Light?"I asked. I didn't think he knew either but I asked him anyway, he always has an answer. Light looked down a little before locking eyes with me again. "Well...the hard part's over, we just have to wait now,"he said. I nodded slowly to that.

Light gave a reassuring grin and said,"We'll be fine, we're together now." His eyes flickered down to my neck as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "We can do this now too." He looked back up at me then started attacking my cheeks with kisses making me giggle and squirm a bit, I've missed his touch and it felt new since it's been so long. He quickly sent more trails of kisses down my jaw to my neck, all of this cheered me up immediately, I felt nothing but pleasure now. As Light was climbing on top of me while giving a gentle kiss to my lips, we were interrupted by the sound of Matsuda calling for us. Light smirked a little and said,"We'll continue this later." He eyed my neck and winked making me giggle again.

Light took my hand gently and guided me to the buffet room. I frowned a little when remembering what happened here last time, when I first got taken away from Light. He squeezed my hand for comfort, he sensed that I was worried and knew what I was thinking. But, we ate our breakfast in peace this time, with no bad news. I kept clenching Light's shirt a little anyway, just in case Ryuzaki changed his mind and tried to separate us again.

When we were done eating we then had to go to HQ to 'help' them with the case. We were all sat at a desk, Mr Yagami was here too, he was freed from confinement last night. It seemed like he didn't care that I was having a baby with Light anymore, he looked rather happy, maybe because Light looks innocent now. Ryuzaki finally admitted that the killings haven't stopped since the interrogation, Light was trying to contain his smirk on this conversation. Mikami has been doing his job.

I grew tired within an hour of working, I couldn't care less about this to be honest, I'd rather go home with Light and enjoy ourselves there. I tried to make myself useful here anyway, I worked with Light most of the day. I kept yawning every few seconds out of boredom and soon Light and Ryuzaki noticed. "Something bothering you (Y/N)?"Ryuzaki asked. I suddenly felt a little rude from doing that so I looked down and mumbled,"Um, nothing." Light pulled my chair closer to his with a concerned look on his face. "Are you tired?"he asked me. I shook my head no truthfully. "Ill?" I shook my head again but he already started lifting me onto his lap. "You need rest,"Light said while rubbing my belly. I felt fine but I was enjoying Light being sweet, so I let him soothe me and stroke my hair repeatedly while he worked.

After four hours went by I realised I nearly fell asleep again like yesterday when Ryuzaki announced something. He let us have the rest of the day free, this was a little odd since he never sleeps and takes as much time as possible to work. He didn't sound very enthusiastic when we first met him, that's just who he is - but, he seems to have lost heart now. I felt a little bad for Ryuzaki, he spent all this time on the case but it's now gone to waste since we look innocent. Light's plan was successful, everything always goes his way.

My thoughts on this faded when Light hoisted me up and carried me back to our room, pecking my cheek as we got there making me giggle. He placed me carefully down on the bed and climbed over me, his eyes fixed on my neck. He licked his lips a little. I was a little bothered since there were cameras in the room, but when Light attacked my neck with more kisses I moaned quietly, not caring anymore. I ran my fingers through his hair as he did this, feeling his own soft bangs. I've missed this tenderness.

It escalated from kisses to bites, I usually hated it when he did that, it always hurt - but for some reason I found it pleasurable this time. Light grinned when he heard me moan. "I knew it, you enjoy this really don't you?"he whispered teasingly. I blushed but then ruffled his hair and said,"Whatever. Why are you biting me anyway? I'm not food." Light continued to nibble my skin, pinching it between his teeth. He lifted his head to look me in the eyes, grinning wider to show his teeth, he wrapped his arms around my back so I couldn't escape. "Yes you are. You're my prey, so don't move,"Light said. Before I could say anything he bit down hard on my neck again making me moan for the second time. Even though I was loving this, we decided to stop after five minutes before things could get too heated, we didn't want to do stuff in front of the camera.

Light seemed attached to me the rest of the evening, he changed my clothes for me and even tried to feed me. Before bedtime he pulled me onto his lap and brushed my hair in front of the mirror for ten minutes straight, he never wanted to rush in case he hurt my scalp. Out of habit, he started playing with locks of my hair again while I stared at my reflection. My neck had been bare the whole time we were separated but he's marked me again, I felt somewhat happy about that, smiling a little at the red bruises on my skin. Things feel a little more normal again.