Chapter 11 - Parents

Light's P.O.V

(Y/N) was a little quiet the rest of the evening. I think she's upset with me. Perhaps I was a little too forceful earlier but I couldn't help myself, being near her is too much and I can't get enough of it. I can't get enough of her sweet touch, even if it's just a kiss.

I started writing down endless lists of criminals again since (Y/N) couldn't do it because of school today. She was sitting on my bed, drawing more pictures in her sketchbook silently and a little sadly. I wanted her to sit on my lap for company but decided to leave her alone, I don't want to upset her further.

Your P.O.V

I tried to distract myself by drawing, but nothing inspired me. I ended up drawing squiggles with different colours, a waste of paper and pencils but I didn't care right now. I was a little anxious from Light's new actions, I enjoyed our first kiss but he was being rough and commanding earlier. Just as I was starting to like him, he made me fear him a little again. Whenever I looked up from my sketchbook, Light would look up from his desk, our eyes would lock and he'd smile, but I'd quickly look away. I knew he was sorry for earlier but I was still on edge a little.

By nighttime I had already forgiven him, he didn't mean any harm by it and it was just a kiss. I felt a little stupid from being moody by it, he was just being a boy I guess. When he held me close in bed I eventually hugged him back and relaxed, he was acting nice again so I felt better.

                             *  *  *
We both woke up late on Saturday morning, we slept in since it's a free day. But when we heard the front door open we both sprang out of bed, Light's eyes wide open. "My parents are back,"Light said. He motioned for me to go get changed so I left the room and headed to the bathroom to do so. Yesterday he announced that I was free to go around the house now, I'm just forbidden to go outside without him or his permission.

I pulled on my new outfit that he bought for me yesterday then looked in the bathroom mirror and smiled at my reflection, new clothes always look and feel fresh. I brushed my teeth and hair quickly before spraying on some deodorant then left the bathroom to find Light waiting for me. He was dressed and clean too. He put his hand out for me to hold then smiled and said,"It's about time you meet them." I felt nervous for some reason, but Light sensed this and squeezed my hand for comfort.

We only found Light's mother when we got downstairs, his father was nowhere in sight. Mrs Yagami was busy stacking new groceries away in the kitchen, so she didn't even notice I was here at first. "Hey mum,"Light said. "Oh Light dear, I'm sorry but your father won't be back until this afternoon, how are you? Have you and Sayu been well?" She was still facing the other way. "I'm well but there's someone I'd like you to meet,"Light said, grinning at me. Mrs Yagami spun on her heel and broke out into a big smile when she saw me. "This is my girlfriend, (Y/N)." I suddenly felt so shy I only managed a little wave and whispered,"Nice to meet you.."

When she approached me she gave me a little hug. "Welcome to the family dear! Oh Light, I'm so proud of you,"she said. Light smiled, he knew I'd be accepted. "She's going to stay with us for a while mum...don't worry about the guest room, she's already moved into my bedroom,"Light said confidently. His mum didn't seem to mind. "You chose a good one! Maybe your sister could learn from you, poor Sayu picks the bad boys,"Mrs Yagami said shaking her head. Her comment made me giggle.

Light took me to the living room and he sighed in relief. "Well, my mum definitely likes you,"he said, now grinning. I nodded then thought about my own parents. I haven't seen them since Monday morning. I found out last night that Light sent my mum a text days ago pretending to be me to reassure them I was fine, he lied making my parents think I was staying at another friend's house. I got really pissed at first but I didn't dare to argue with him, I want his calm side to stay.