Chapter 45 - Jealousy

Your P.O.V

After we ate, Light wanted to take me to the park but it started drizzling outside. We didn't let this ruin everything though, he suggested we watch a movie at home instead. We didn't run home like before, I didn't care that it was raining, I decided to enjoy it instead. I stomped on each tiny puddle that we passed, making a satisfying splash sound. Light tutted a little since it got my shoes soaked. "You'll catch a cold (Y/N),"he said, taking off his black blazer. I let him drape it over my shoulders but continued to jump on each puddle like a child. When I stomped on a big one it accidentally splashed Light's left leg making me cover my mouth. We stared at each other for a moment before I burst out laughing, Light raised an eyebrow at me but then gave in and chuckled a little too.

We started walking faster when the rain came down harder, each droplet hammered down on my head heavily. I felt very chilled and was shaking a little when we got back indoors, it was a wonder how Light was fine since he was only wearing a shirt. He quickly took me upstairs to his room and removed my damp clothes and let me change into my pyjamas while he did the same. Light then sat me down on his bed and took out a spare fluffy blanket for me to wrap up in, he left the room to get some things while I warmed up. He returned a few minutes later holding some hot chocolate for me and a film in his other hand.

I accepted the drink and watched as he slipped the disc into the TV. I sipped my hot chocolate and asked,"So what film is it?" I saw Light smirk a little before waving the film case at me,"A scary one." I scanned my eyes over it and didn't recognise the look of it, so I only knew that it was a horror. Not my favourite genre but I don't mind.

When it was fifteen minutes into the film I found that every jump scare was getting me, I shuffled closer to Light so he put an arm round my shoulder. When I jumped for what seemed like the thousandth time I heard Light chuckle a little, after I took my hands away from my face I looked up at him to find him smirking at me. "What?"I asked. The hand that was left on my shoulder reached up to my hair, he ran his fingers through it a few times before grinning,"It's cute seeing you scared." I thought this a bit weird that he finds it amusing but I shook it off and held his chest, this time flinching and clenching his shirt whenever there was a jump scare. He eventually lifted me onto his lap for a cuddle and I welcomed this.

When the film ended, Light left to brush his teeth. I shivered a little for the time I was left alone, I wouldn't say I was scared but the film gave me chills. I was glad when Light returned, he got under the covers with me and tried pulling the blanket over my shoulders but I sat up. "Can't we watch something else now?"I asked. Part of me wanted to stay up because I didn't want this day to end but I also still felt creeped out from the movie, I don't think I can sleep. Light caught me rubbing my eyes quickly then shook his head. "You need your rest now (Y/N). You've had a big day, all this excitement has been too much for you,"Light said, gently pressing my head down to the pillow. "Don't push yourself my love."

There was a buzz coming from my phone on the bedside table, I tried leaning over Light to reach it but he took hold of my wrist gently and shook his head again. "Sleepy time now,"he said, sounding like a parent. I sighed a little sadly and lied back down, but he was staring at my phone now, a different look in his eye appeared for a moment until I said,"Light?" It looked like he snapped out of a daze, he turned to me and smiled sweetly.

Light switched off the lamp, leaving us in complete darkness making me shiver again. When his head touched the pillow I instantly slid closer to him for a cuddle, he welcomed me with open arms. Even though I was tired, it took me a while to sleep as expected. I kept flinching at every slight sound, the loud wind from outside was annoying at first but then it started to unsettle me. When the wind finally died down it went calm and quiet for a moment - until an owl started hooting nearby, I flinched again. I quickly nestled into Light's chest to relax, but I heard him chuckle again quietly. I tried looking up at him but he quickly placed his hand on my head, pressing me to his chest again. Light hugged me tighter and began stroking my hair, I felt his eyes still on me, I didn't think he was trying to sleep. I imagined him smirking right now for some reason.