Chapter 13 - A Chill Day

Light's P.O.V

The sun was now blazing through the window, it's gone nine o'clock but she's still asleep. I won't wake her though, seeing her sleeping form is the cutest thing ever. I listened to her soft breathing and watched as her chest would rise and fall. Her head was leaning gently against my own chest, her hand placed on my stomach.

We were already so close together but I wanted more. I gently pulled her closer then leaned down and slowly buried my face into her hair, I sniffed once and felt myself relax from her scent. I started playing with her hair too, curling her silky locks round my finger and then stroking her. I thought back to when she tried to escape. She doesn't seem to want to leave now which is perfect, it's just the way I wanted her to feel. I kept thinking back to when I chased her in the park anyway, she looked so desperate to get away. She can't leave me. I won't let her. I need her to myself. I was startled when (Y/N) awoke, I didn't realise how hard I was hugging her.

Your P.O.V

Light was squeezing me too tight in my sleep so I woke up and groaned, breaking the hug and sitting up. "I'm sorry for waking you,"Light apologised in a whisper. I flopped back down when he said that and nestled to his chest again, it was cosy so I didn't want to do anything. It's Sunday after all. "What are we gonna do today?"I mumbled, closing my eyes. I felt Light shrug. "We could just sit back and relax if you want,"he suggested. I nodded and opened my eyes again, I didn't feel so tired anymore.

All morning we sat up in bed drinking hot drinks and watching TV, we watched countless episodes of Friends, another favourite show of mine. I offered the remote to Light because I've chosen all the shows so far, but he rejected it and let me watch whatever. Sayu entered the room without permission several times, she wouldn't say anything though, she'd just peep from the door and then giggle before leaving. Light sighed at this but I didn't mind, she's funny, I'd love to have a sister like her.

After two hours of TV time I got up to get changed and so did Light, he didn't mind doing it in front of me but I still felt self conscious so I left to change and shower in the bathroom. Once I was undressed, I noticed some faded bruises on my arm from the first day he took me when I fell over the pavement. I looked down at my ankle which was completely better now, I was thankful for that. I checked myself in the mirror when I was done, there were still marks covering my neck, I poked them gently as if they might hurt. I was quite surprised my parents didn't comment on it, I thought my dad would surely be furious. I then looked at my eyes, I no longer had rings under them, I can sleep normally now. I felt quite comfortable staying here now.

We had a quick breakfast - although, it was nearly the afternoon now. After eating I stretched then thought about school tomorrow, I hate Mondays. My eyes widened then I started panicking when I realised it was exams week next, I haven't done enough studying at all. Light sensed there was something wrong. "Hey, what's the matter?"he asked. I smoothed back my hair a little and said,"I haven't done enough revising, our exams are in a few days." Light sprang up from his bed and fetched several books. He handed me one,"Here, take as many as you need, I'm going to study too actually."

I remained on his bed with three books while he took some to his desk. He stayed silent and calm as he studied while I tensed up in frustration every time I didn't understand something. I spent most of my time reading maths books, it's the subject I had most difficulty with. We continued this for hours, our Sunday didn't feel like a day off anymore.

I slammed one book shut when I had enough, everything was so puzzling that I just knew I'd fail. Light turned his attention to me, noticing my frustration. He got up from his desk to sit with me. "Need some help?"he asked. I hunched my knees up to my chin and nodded, too angry to say anything. He flipped back to the page I was having trouble on and explained slowly and patiently. Eventually, I got the idea and relaxed. I sighed,"I'm sorry I'm wasting your time Light, I feel so stupid." Light only smiled. He stroked my cheek and said,"That's what makes you cute."

He gathered all the books we read and stacked them back on his bookcase while I played with the ends of my hair. I took out my hairbrush and faced the mirror to tidy it up. When Light sat beside me he then pulled me onto his lap and gently took the hairbrush away. "Here, let me,"he said. I let him do it, Light brushed my hair softly and slowly, he paused every now and then to stroke it. I fidgeted with my new toy rabbit Cuddles while he admired my hair, I froze and flushed red when I heard him sniff it. When he noticed a bit of my discomfort he apologised, I just mumbled,"It's okay."

When he was done he put the hairbrush down and rested his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. I stared at my reflection and frowned. "Hey, What's wrong now?"Light asked. I wriggled a little and said nothing. "What is it?"he asked again, poking my face. I sighed. "I don't like the way I look,"I mumbled sadly. Light looked a little sad from this. "How could you say that? You're adorable in my eyes,"Light said sweetly. I didn't get what he saw in me but I accepted his compliment anyway.

He sighed softly and lied back on the bed, the sunset touching his face. He rested his head on both his arms then looked at me, he motioned me with his eyes to lie down with him. I leaned against his chest like how I'd done this morning and relaxed, we chatted for the rest of the evening about random things. He asked a lot of questions, mainly about my hobbies, I answered every one without hesitation. "Hmm, okay I'll think of another one....will you ever, betray me?"Light asked slowly, staring up at the ceiling. I was stunned. "Why would you ask something like that?"I said. He looked down at me,"Hey I asked first."

I rolled my eyes but then snuggled closer to him. "No, I won't,"I whispered. Part of me didn't want to leave at all anymore, I knew I should have been concerned about that, but I ignored my worries. I didn't need to look up, I knew he was smiling. He kissed my forehead then smoothed my hair back. "I'm sorry for asking that, I just wanted to feel reassured,"he said. There was silence after that, we couldn't even hear Sayu in the room opposite ours, the calm atmosphere sent me to sleep.