Chapter 50 - Secret

Your P.O.V

The next morning I felt Light kiss my cheek tenderly before sitting up in bed. My arm was aching badly from being in the same position all night, my wrist was a little sore too, I rubbed it for a minute to stop the pain. Light seized my wrist to take a look at it while I just glared at him. "(Y/N), stop struggling otherwise it'll just hurt more,"Light said. I hated the way he said that, as if this is all normal. I kicked his leg, it was barely a strong kick but he narrowed his eyes and slapped my face much harder. "You better start behaving soon,"he said in a threatening way. He left the room with that.

His words scared me a little but I decided I didn't care, I didn't even rub my cheek even though it hurt badly. Light came back fast with food for me, he didn't look as angry as before. He placed the tray on my lap but I dared to do something bad again. I shoved the breakfast tray off my lap, as if I were being a fussy toddler. The cutlery gave a loud smash when it hit the floor making me jump a little. I did intend to do that but the sound startled me all the same. Light's lips were then pulled into a grimace, he was trying to keep his patience this whole time.

He raised his hand and I shut my eyes, knowing what was coming. As expected, he slapped my face hard making my head turn from the force. "Don't do that again. You'll go without lunch otherwise so behave,"Light warned me. I said nothing and didn't look at him. "Apologise,"Light said. I crossed my arms and still said nothing, I'm not going to apologise. Light held my chin and turned me to face him before slapping me again, this time on the other cheek. I couldn't help making a quiet 'ow' sound while holding my cheek this time, my face was burning now.

Light waited, still expecting an apology. "Well?"he said impatiently, his hand starting to rise to slap me again. I bit my lip but decided to glare at him. "No, you have to apologise for hitting me all the time. It really hurts Light,"I said. I turned to look at the mirror placed by our bed and stared at my reflection. "Look! See, you've made my face go red."

Light glared back at me for a while before suddenly smirking instead and getting closer to straddle me, his mood completely changing within seconds. He cupped my face gently and leaned in close to me, our foreheads nearly touching and our eyes meeting. "You look even more radiant with fine rosy cheeks, consider my actions a blessing,"Light whispered. What the hell is wrong with him? He ran his tongue up my cheek so I quickly pushed him away with my free left hand. "Stop touching me!"I shouted, pushing his face away. He grabbed my wrist and pinned my arm down while smirking. "Don't shout (Y/N), I already told you no one will come if you squeal,"he said smugly, suddenly making this seem like a joke. He tried kissing me several times but I would move my head away fiercely, when he tried for the fourth time he bit down on my bottom lip like how I had done yesterday making me whimper. When he sensed I was now crying he started sucking on my lip instead to soothe the pain, but I continued to cry after he pulled away.

"Just let me go Light,"I said, my voice wobbling. I shook my chained up hand a bit desperately. "Oh? Are you sorry now?"he asked, still looking smug. I nodded weakly. He waited for a few seconds before suddenly snapping,"Well answer me then!" I flinched. "I'm sorry,"I said quickly. He smirked again while tracing his fingers up and down my right arm. "If you don't like being chained to the bed, would you rather be hanging from the wall? You'd look so beautiful,"he said. I blinked at his words, he's not serious is he?

Light laughed at my reaction and shook his head. "You're too innocent (Y/N), it's cute." He kissed both my cheeks tenderly then sniffed my hair, I sat there feeling uncomfortable. "I'm sorry for scaring you,"he whispered. He gazed into my eyes again while pinching my cheek, making it redder than it already is. I was relieved once he left the room to clean up the mess I made, I rubbed my cheeks fiercely, feeling disgusted by his actions. I felt confused from what just happened, one minute he's raging the next he's apologising. It's like he has two different personalities.

                             *  *  *
I did nothing all day. Light would just 'work' at his desk while I looked down silently. When I had enough I spoke up. "Can I at least have my phone? I'm bored,"I huffed. Light glanced to the right where my phone was placed on his desk then shook his head. "Why would you need that for?"he asked. I felt like ripping at my hair when he said that. "I'm bored,"I repeated. Light put his pen down. "You can talk to me then sweetie,"he said. I cringed from that nickname. "No, I want to go out, I want to be with my friends, I want to talk to my parents,"I complained. I nearly cried then. "You don't need friends you've got me,"he said tensely.

I bit my lip then and watched as he stared at my phone for a long while, it looked like he had an idea. He smirked then turned back to his work. I sighed sadly and continued to stare into space, I didn't want to ask him to switch on the TV or hand me a book, so I did nothing.

I heard my phone start buzzing from the table nearly three hours later, Light glanced at it before snatching it and standing up. I cleared my throat. "That's mine,"I said angrily. Light ignored me and headed towards the door, there was something different about his facial expression, it looked like he was trying to contain a smirk. I sighed sadly again and tried to listen in, he was only outside the door. It was definitely a woman's voice, I think I could hear crying and sniffing. He came back within five minutes, a pleased look on his face. He set my phone down on his desk again and said nothing. "Who was ringing me?"I asked curiously. Light took out his pen to continue writing. "Oh, just your mother, she was wanting to visit but I explained that you were sick,"he said. I narrowed my eyes. "But I'm not sick,"I protested. He simply nodded to that, he was good at lying. I was starting to wonder if I really heard crying or not, my mum wouldn't be crying if Light had simply said I was ill. Ryuk was laughing his head off which I found strange, I didn't get what was so amusing about this situation. There was something off about everything, but I stayed where I was and looked down, I can't do anything anyway.