Chapter 26 - The Party

Your P.O.V

The sound of the TV awoke me late the next morning, I saw Light standing in front of the screen with his arms folded, waiting for something. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed to listen in too, he was watching the news. Eventually someone announced Misa's death, Light smirked. I felt a little guilty, she hadn't done anything bad - or I don't think so anyway. She did kill an innocent security guard, but wouldn't Light have killed anyone in his way anyway? Light was originally planning to kill criminals, I didn't think this would happen. His true personality is scary.

As I hopped out of bed I then stared down at my hands, there were very tiny bruises and scabs from where he slammed me into the wall the other day. I frowned and shook a little from the memory, I never want to make him mad again. Light noticed me staring at the marks then walked over to me and rested his hands on my waist. "I'm sorry (Y/N), but you must be a good girl for me then these things won't happen. I don't like hurting you, you know,"he whispered, slowly running the tip of his nose along my neck.

I said nothing and let him sniff before sucking on my soft spot. I was used to him doing this now, it seems like a thing he always has to do. Despite him doing it so many times, it still felt nice. When he was done he pulled away and smiled while cupping my face, looking pleased.

Light's P.O.V

I cupped her face before smoothing her hair back and kissing her gently, what a good girl. She always lets me do it to her now, she no longer resists. I can do it whenever I like, she's truly mine now. I think ahead of time and picture our future, it's not long before I'll rent out my own place and ask her to live with me. She'll have to say yes anyway, I'm the one who tells her what to do. I gaze into her big (E/C) eyes, my precious little (Y/N).

Your P.O.V

After Light was done touching me and had switched off the TV, we joined the others downstairs for breakfast. Sayu finished her cereal fast, she was excited to decorate the house, Mrs Yagami agreed to have a small Christmas party today. It's Christmas Eve now, I felt cheerful for tomorrow, it's probably my favourite time of the year.

Mr Yagami hung up colourful lights outside the house while Sayu and Mrs Yagami decorated the indoors with tinsel and streamers. Light and I got to do the best part, the tree. We worked together fast, hanging one bauble up after the other. When it came to the top of the tree we couldn't decided whether to place an angel or a star there, we argued about it but in a flirtatious way. In the end, we put both ornaments there making it look stupid but funny. Sayu noticed and giggled too.

We had everything ready by lunch time, that's when we heard the doorbell ring. Light answered the door to find Ryuga standing there making him sigh, I completely forgot he asked to come round again today. "Who's this Light?"asked Mrs Yagami. "Oh, just a friend from school, he can stay for the party right?"Light said. His mum nodded kindly,"Of course he can." When Ryuga was introduced to Sayu she raised an eyebrow and giggled again, she knows he took the name off a famous actor but didn't question it.

Ryuga was trying to talk to us about the case but he was interrupted every time, he couldn't get a word out with everyone here. I persuaded him to just relax for today and tempted him with a slice of cake, I made sure to buy the strawberry one. He licked his lips and hesitated before accepting the plate of dessert. "You know how to change my mind,"he said while spooning the cake into his mouth.

We all chatted for a while in the sitting room as quiet Christmas songs played on the stereo, Sayu talked for the most of it, she always knew how to break the silence. Eventually Mr Yagami nodded off on the sofa, he was always tired. When Sayu stopped rambling on about random things she took some mistletoe from the table and hung it up in the doorway, adding the final touch to the house. Ryuga was saying something cake-related to me while Light scooted closer to me, he didn't like all the attention Ryuga was giving me and how I was being friendly back.

Light suddenly interrupted the conversation by taking my hand and leading me to the doorway. He was smirking then he gave me a chance to look up and notice the mistletoe hanging there. Light gently held my face and brought me closer for a kiss. Sayu made 'aww' noises and Mrs Yagami smiled sweetly, Ryuga just stared a little blankly. When we sat back down Light had a secret smug look on his face while wrapping an arm round my shoulder.

Sayu suggested watching a Christmas movie so we did just that, Ryuga stayed when he was offered more cake. I leaned against Light for the whole film, his grip on my shoulder would tighten slightly whenever Ryuga said or did something. It was clear Ryuga wanted to just get evidence out of us for the case, but I somehow convinced him to just enjoy himself, he watched the film in silence. Everything felt normal for a moment, even though I wasn't with my own family for Christmas Eve, this was cosy and I smiled softly. When the film ended Ryuga stood up to leave. "I'm sorry to leave so early, thank you for the stay,"he said, nodding to Mrs Yagami. We all said our goodbyes to him but before he left he whispered to Light,"I'll give you a ring another time." Light nodded stiffly and watched as he left the house, he looked happier now that he's gone.

The rest of the evening was spent from Light's parents questioning me, asking me what kind of a career I wanted and what my own parents are like. I wished my mum was here right now, she could just do all the talking for me, I never know what to say in these conversations. At long last we had dinner as it was starting to get late, Mrs Yagami made a big meal even though there were now plenty of leftover party food.

Once Light and I were done eating, he took my hand and led me up to his bedroom. After I got changed into my nightdress he held my waist from behind and gave me several kisses on the cheek. "Would you like one of your presents now? Our family always open a tiny gift on Christmas Eve,"Light whispered. I felt a pang of guilt then. One of my presents? How many did he get me? I could only afford to buy him one thing. I tried not to feel down though, it's the thought that counts I guess, and quality matters not quantity.

I nodded and felt myself smiling now, I wondered what he got me. Light walked over to his cupboard and pulled out a bunch of beautiful dark red roses I didn't know he'd even hidden there. "Cliche I know, but I think they'd look lovely hanging from your hair,"Light said, plucking out a tiny one. He slipped the small rose into my hair and smiled appreciatively. He kissed my forehead, he insisted that I looked like a little fairy, I blushed. I grinned and hugged him tight,"Thank you, they're wonderful."