Chapter 49 - Betrayal

Your P.O.V

The next morning I found Light at his desk, already making a start on his writing again. I stretched under the covers, enjoying how much space there is with a double bed now. The sun was shining through the curtains, it looked like a lovely day outside. My smile faded when I heard Light chuckle to himself, reminding me of how he acted last week, before we had a fight. "Light?"I said. He continued writing and hummed casually,"Hmm?" I was fidgeting again. "Are you okay?"I asked him. He finished whatever he was writing and put his pen down with satisfaction, turning to smile at me. "Never been better,"Light said.

I got out of bed curiously and walked over to his desk, he wasn't even writing in his notebook, he was writing on a folded bit of paper, an envelope placed next to it. I peered over his shoulder to read it but Light suddenly covered it up with his hands quick, I caught a glimpse of it, he mentioned L in the letter, the address going to Mikami. "What's that?"I asked. He didn't answer. The pieces quickly clicked together, he was telling Mikami to kill L. "Light! I thought you were going to leave him alone!"I said, feeling hurt. I felt betrayed. I thought we agreed not to kill him, I thought we were doing this together.

Light scowled a little. "He's a disgusting person and needs to be rid of. Why do you even care about him? Does he mean more to you then me?"he asked angrily. His voice was getting louder. I raised my hands placatingly. "No Light! He's just a nice guy who isn't deserving of that,"I answered. Light twitched a little when I said that and stood up, taking my arm firmly. "You think he's a nice guy? So you don't think I'm a nice guy? Don't you love me (Y/N)? If you did, then you'd let me do whatever I want,"Light said. I heard Ryuk chuckle. I shook my hand away and argued,"That notebook is corrupting you, you're acting crazy!" His eyes darkened giving me the same, sinking feeling like last week. I turned on my heel to run away but failed to get far, he seized my wrist painfully tight and took something out from his pocket hastily, my eyes widened as he produced the handcuffs. He never returned them to L? He cuffed my hand and yanked the chain so I stumbled into his chest, pressing his other hand securely round my back. He whispered in my ear huskily,"So you think I'm crazy?" I swallowed.

He lifted me by the armpits and simply threw me on the bed forcefully, quickly pinning me down with his arms and legs as he climbed over me. "Yes I'm crazy, do you not like this side of me? You'd better get used to it my dear because you're never leaving me,"Light said, using the other end of the chains to cuff it to the bedpost. I shook my hand, but it was useless, I was now stuck to the bed. Fear sank in. "Light, what are you doing? Stop this!"I cried. My eyes were wide from how scared I felt. He stayed above me then threw his head back a little and laughed insanely, his eyes beaming red. "No one can hear you, you know, we're all alone now,"Light said, touching my cheek and smiling. He then squinted his eyes with rage. "I'll kill that bastard L for making you switch sides, he cannot have you, you're my toy." He moved his hand to grab a lock of my hair forcefully, now smirking.

"Light stop this!"I cried again. I wriggled underneath him and said,"What would the baby think if he or she saw you like this? You have to control this behaviour!" I tried to sound bold but my voice cracked and wobbled. Light kept his crazy smile and sighed softly, he looked down at my belly and stroked it lovingly. "We'll be a great family, don't you dare plan on leaving, it's my baby too and I love you too much to let you go. They'll never know my scary side, and if they do, well, let's just enjoy ourselves now."

Light kissed me hard, pushing his tongue in straight away. It was such a forceful kiss that I couldn't breathe, his tongue was going further and touching my throat. I bit his tongue so he stopped and pulled away, he growled a little angrily. He placed his lips back on mine so I dared to not give up, I bit his bottom lip hard. He pulled away again, trying not to lose his temper. He wiped his lips and gave a fake chuckle. "(Y/N),"he said. "Behave." I shrank back against the bed again, scared of his tone. Light lunged towards my ear and bit down on it harder than I did. "Ow,"I whimpered. He licked it a few times slowly before whispering,"Now we're even." Light stared at me hungrily for a minute then calmed down and got up to leave, despite his now relaxed attitude he still had red eyes that shone in the dark and a sickening smile.