Chapter 40 - Reunion

I quickly rushed back to my bedroom to wear something fresh and decent for Light, Ryuzaki already told the detectives to let him out, they were taking him to a shower room first. I changed my clothes fast and brushed my hair excitedly, I wanted to look my best for him. I sprayed myself with the rose perfume he gave me for Christmas, he gave it to me for a reason so I wanted to please him.

When I returned to HQ I was restless as I waited on the sofa, I can't seem to wait any longer. My heart was beating fast again though, I suddenly felt a little nervous to meet him again at the same time. It's only been a month and a few days but it feels like years. I tapped my knees together and my feet on the floor as Matsuda was talking to me about random things again, I couldn't really concentrate, I was wanting Light.

My heart pounded as the door then opened, Ryuzaki and a few other detectives were there - but as they moved aside they revealed Light who was smiling widely at me. He whispered,"(Y/N)." I felt my heart melt then, I jumped off the sofa and dashed to him as I said excitedly,"Light!" He ran to me too with open arms. Light hugged me tight as I wrapped my arms round his neck and started crying happily. He got carried away with the hug, now lifting me a little so my feet didn't touch the ground. He spun me around a few times in the air making me giggle. When he put me down I clung to his chest again. "Please don't leave me again,"I said as more tears slid down my face. Light gently lifted my chin so our eyes met,"I promise. I love you (Y/N), you have no idea how much I've missed you." We embraced each other tightly while I sniffed. He gently picked me up again which stopped my sobs and made me giggle quietly again, he carried me over to the sofa so we could sit together, never daring to break our cuddle again.

Matsuda was smiling at us while Ryuzaki just stared blankly, he looked a little depressed to be honest. I didn't care right now though. I sobbed into Light's chest, feeling very emotional while he stroked my hair and wrapped his arm securely round me for protection, he won't let me go again. He leaned his head against mine and smiled, he missed doing this terribly.

When I was done crying I smiled too and wrapped one arm round his neck again. Light looked down at me, gently making me face him again before pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back immediately, we shared a long and passionate kiss. When he broke the kiss he stared into my eyes again, now looking a little serious. "Ryuzaki didn't try anything when I was gone did he?"Light asked. I burst out laughing when he said that, Ryuzaki scratched his head a little, feeling awkward. "No!"I said, still giggling from that question. Light sighed softly, feeling relieved. "And you were okay while in confinement?"he asked. "Well...I..."I swallowed, not able to find my voice anymore. This was a conversation I wasn't looking forward to.

Light noticed straight away that something was wrong. "What happened?"he asked, now looking concerned. I turned away, I couldn't look into his eyes now from the unspeakable thing I did. I slowly took my arm away from his neck before setting it down on my lap awkwardly, my sleeve had fallen a little so it was enough for him to see. Light found the mark immediately and gasped. I had the bandage taken off a while ago now, I didn't need it anymore but there was still a noticeable dark red line going across my wrist. Light took hold of my hand gently to examine it, his eyes narrowed with rage. He turned to Ryuzaki and shouted,"What the hell did you do to her?!" I jumped but Ryuzaki remained calm. He was about to explain but I interrupted, it wasn't exactly his fault.

"Light I did it,"I admitted. Light turned to look at me again when I said that, he now had a sad expression on his face. "You did?"he asked in a whisper. I nodded with shame and looked down, feeling myself trembling again. "I-I'm not strong like you, I couldn't take it,"I said, now crying again. Light started cradling me softly, holding the back of my head. "Don't do that ever again, that gave me such a scare. I want you in good health, don't make yourself more fragile than you already are,"he said. I nodded while holding him again, letting the guilt subside from how kind he was being.

Ryuzaki and Matsuda then finally left the room for our privacy. Light started playing with my hair, twisting strands round his index finger and then running his hand through it, just like he used to. I smiled a little and sniffed again, wiping my tears away. "Why do you always touch my hair?"I asked. It was Light's turn to smile. "Because it's so soft and silky to touch,"he answered. He then lifted a strand to his face, sniffing it calmly. "And it smells lovely too." I suddenly felt a little perky and ruffled his own hair in reply, so he pinched my cheek playfully. He then took his attention back to his own hair, frowning slightly as he looked at it. It had grown a few inches without him realising as he was in confinement.

"I need a haircut,"Light said trying to shift me off his lap. I clung to his chest and said honestly,"I don't mind what you look like." Light grinned at that but shook his head, he was determined to look his best at all times. "Hey, your hair has gotten longer too,"he said while holding a handful of my hair. I twiddled the ends of it and then considered a haircut too.

We held hands and walked down endless corridors to find Ryuzaki. When we found him we complained about our hair problem making him sigh and call in a couple of people to do it for us. Light and I had our hair trimmed back to normal length after ten minutes, we both smiled at our reflections.

I then took Light back to my bedroom when Ryuzaki announced that we'll be moving into a bigger room, one with two beds so he could still keep a close eye on us. Light and I were a little annoyed at this but we didn't seem to care after a while, we were still grateful that we could at least stay in the same room as each other. Ryuzaki told us that even though he's freed Light, he still wants us to stay at the task force for a while longer. I didn't mind anymore now that Light was with me again.

As Light was helping me gather my things, he smirked a little when he found my bunny Cuddles tucked under the blanket. "So, you slept with this when I was gone?"he asked as he picked it up. I felt myself blush a little. "Well, it's been hard sleeping without you,"I confessed. Light kissed me tenderly when I said that. As he was closing the curtains he stared outside for a moment, admiring daylight. It's a wonder how long he could go without seeing the outside, it was strange to me how he was still in good shape too, the interrogation room seemed to have no effect on him physically. As the sun touched his face he turned to me and smiled,"As soon as we get out of here, I want to take you out somewhere, we deserve a good treat."