Chapter 34 - Reassurance

Your P.O.V

I awoke with my heart racing and my forehead sweating, I had a different nightmare, I dreamed I could hear Light screaming for me. I started crying again as I realised this is real, I'm still in this interrogation room. I longed for Light to comfort me, he always made me feel better after a bad dream, but I was all alone. I wiped my tears away and shuffled in my place restlessly, I really needed to pee, I held it in all day yesterday. I had no idea what time it was and there were no windows to help me, but I assumed it was the morning now. I decided to shout anyway,"I need the toilet!" I waited for Ryuzaki to start speaking through the mic or for someone to open the door but nothing happened.

I shouted the same words again, this time Ryuzaki started talking after a minute had passed. "You can use the bucket,"he said simply. I wrinkled my nose at his words, that's disgusting. I waited for five minutes to make sure he wasn't looking through the camera anymore and used the bucket anyway, I can't hold it any longer and I don't think he'll give me another choice. As I was relieving myself I stuck up my middle finger at the camera anyway in case he was looking.

I climbed back into bed when I was done, shaking a little from how cold it was in here. The bed felt too empty without Light, this was the first night in ages I've had to sleep without him. I looked down at my clothes, I still had his shirt on. I pulled the collar up over my face to breathe in the scent, it still smelled like him. I started crying then, I didn't think I'd miss him so much. I buried my face into the shirt for comfort, it's the last thing I have of him now. I don't know when I'll next see him.

                             *  *  *
Matsuda brought me breakfast some hours later, so I could confirm it was definitely morning. How have I been in this room for nearly a day? I ignored the tray of food he got me and asked him questions instead. "Is Light okay? What is he doing right now?"I asked quickly. He looked a little taken aback from my eager questions but was kind about it. "He's having breakfast right now too, so maybe try to eat something?"he said gently. I knew he was referring to me barely touching my food yesterday. Another detective came in to empty the bucket while I felt myself flush red, this was so embarrassing. When they left I stared at my bowl of porridge, I'll try maintain good health for Light. I ate as much as I could and drank all of my juice, if Light asked how I was feeling then I want Matsuda to reassure him that I'm fine.

Light's P.O.V

At first I didn't feel like eating, it was the first time I've felt this way. I can't stop worrying about her, she must be crying for me right this minute. I thought of yesterday, when she screamed for me, I feel so useless. I couldn't do anything. I felt myself tearing up when remembering her cries for me, it was the saddest thing I'd ever heard. I wish I could just see her at least, I need to know that she's okay, I'll let her know that everything will be fine. I miss her presence already, I feel weird without her.

I then tried eating my breakfast, if she was asking about me I want her to feel reassured. It wasn't an easy task because of the handcuffs, but I managed. I got restless and angry when they first dragged me in here, I want to see her. Matsuda already promised me that she was in better condition than I was, I'm grateful for that. I don't think I could bear it if I knew she was in my state.

"Are you Kira?"L asked me again. I twitched a little when he said that, I hate the sound of his own voice more than anything now. "No,"I said. I've never once faltered, I give him the same answer every time. I can handle all of this but I have no idea how long (Y/N) could last, that's what's getting me worried.

                            *  *  *
Your P.O.V

The day went by incredibly slowly, I was startled again as Ryuzaki started talking. I sighed sadly as he asked the same questions as he did yesterday. "Did Light kidnap you?"he asked. I hung my head. "No,"I answered. "Is Light Kira?" I wondered how long this would have to last. "No,"I repeated. I heard him sigh. "Well until you confess, you'll be staying in here,"Ryuzaki said. I felt my eyes water when he said that. No, he can't keep me here forever. He's just trying to get me to admit it faster.

A creepy cackling sound made me jump violently, Ryuk suddenly walked into the room. I stopped myself from talking to him and tried to act normal again. "Are you okay (Y/N)?"Ryuzaki asked. I felt like slamming my head to the wall, he noticed something was wrong. I shifted in my position and nodded. Ryuk didn't say much to me anyway, he just listened in on Ryuzaki asking me endless questions. I forgot about Ryuk for a while, I guess he followed Light this whole time, he must find this boring.

I spent the rest of the day crying and staring into space, there was nothing else to do. The only thing I did now was answer Ryuzaki's questions untruthfully and try to eat my meals then sleep through bad dreams. The only company I had now was Ryuk, not the friendliest to look at and I couldn't talk to him without looking crazy or suspicious anyway. He still gave me the creeps despite me being used to him now, his stares scare me the most. He would often wander off through the wall and come back randomly to watch me do nothing.

It wasn't until Ryuk visited me for the tenth time that I realised, I could try communicate to Light through him. It seemed impossible because of the cameras always on me though, I wished I could tell Light that I'm fine.