Chapter 43 - Repetitive

Your P.O.V

The next morning I automatically rubbed my wrist, it looked a little red because we had to sleep with the handcuffs on. I then reached my hand up to Light's face to poke his cheek, I had to do it twice to get his attention. He groaned a little and rolled on his other side. "What?"he mumbled.
"Happy birthday,"I whispered. Light paused before turning to face me again, he smiled then planted a kiss on my cheek. "Thank you (Y/N),"he said, pulling me into a cuddle. It was a bit strange knowing he's eighteen now, an adult. Before I hugged him back I lifted my head to check in case Ryuzaki was still here, but he'd left the room already. I buried my face into Light's chest for warmth and smiled, cherishing this moment. We didn't get a lot of privacy anymore.

When we left to get some breakfast we found a huge strawberry cake placed on the table instead, even though it was nice of Ryuzaki it seemed like something he would enjoy eating and not Light, there was a card beside it too filled with money from his dad. Light thanked his dad properly but not Ryuzaki, he still didn't like him at all.

We had a chill morning, just reading quietly on the sofa and watching a bit of TV. When Light got up to get a drink I had to follow him because of the chains, I thought this a perfect time to give him his present. Before he poured himself a mug of coffee I whipped out the box which I left in my pocket and placed it in his hand. "Happy birthday,"I said again. He paused, looking down at it in confusion before opening it up. Light smiled when he lifted the pen and scanned his eyes over his own name, he slipped it into his own pocket before taking me to our room.

He shut the door and pulled me into a gentle kiss. "Why didn't you tell me?"he whispered while holding my shoulders. I giggled. "It wouldn't have been a surprise then,"I said. Light had a bit of guilt in his eyes after I said that, he looked down. "God I feel stupid..again. Why do I keep thinking you're going to run? I love you (Y/N),"he said. I smiled, it's quite cute how he's always worried about these things. "I love you too,"I said. Light then stared at me a bit mischievously until he suddenly yanked the chain so I fell towards him, he planted another kiss to my lips. He wrapped the chain around me and whispered,"You're my prisoner now." I laughed at that but got good chills too.

Light lied back on the bed, pulling me down with him so we could continue to make out. I then felt something hit me physically, making me gasp and sit up. Light sat up too,"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" I shook my head and looked down at my belly. "I-I think I felt the baby move!"I said excitedly. There was no bump yet, I'm still way too early in pregnancy for that, but I felt something move around. Light quickly pressed his head and hand against my belly, waiting for anything. When I felt it move again he smiled, he felt it too. "This is a great birthday,"Light said.

                             *  *  *
Light was whispering sweet things to my belly one morning while stroking it too. "Are you a little boy or a girl?"he whispered. I managed a tiny smile from that, I loved hearing him be sweet. Light quickly looked up at me when I smiled, he's missed seeing it. I haven't been very happy recently, I'm sick of everything now. We do the exact same thing every day, it's tedious and repetitive, it makes it worse knowing that we aren't getting anywhere since we're Kira. He sighed sadly when my frown returned, he could never seem to make me stay happy for long now.

He carried me out of bed since I wouldn't move, I didn't want to, sleeping was the only thing that made me feel a little better, I'm away from reality then. I didn't even realise that I wasn't eating much anymore either but Light noticed of course. I slowly nibbled a bit of my toast before placing it back on it's plate, it didn't taste of anything anymore, just plain cardboard. Light gave me a little nudge,"Can you manage just a bit more?" He cut my toast in little bite size pieces for me, but I still couldn't finish it, my appetite has gone. Light offered me some juicy green grapes instead, poking my mouth gently with one, trying to coax me. I shook my head, refusing to have any more.