Chapter 14 - New Student

Your P.O.V

The next day we both awoke to the alarm at seven, I dreaded hearing it, I just wanted to pull the covers up over my face and sleep a little longer. But Light made sure I didn't go back to sleep again. "Come on (Y/N), we don't wanna be late,"Light said. School didn't start until an hour and a half but I got up all the same, he knew I had a fear of being late, at least we get some spare time when we wake this early.

When we both got dressed, cleaned and had breakfast, there was another spare ten minutes left before we had to leave. I watched as Sayu ran around everywhere, making it obvious she was going to be late. Mrs Yagami was busy making breakfast for her husband, Mr Yagami was slumping in his chair at the table with his eyes closed. Light and I took a seat in the living room and watched a bit of TV to pass the time. I scooted closer to Light and asked,"Your dad always looks tired, what does he do for a living?" Light had a red gleam in his eyes for a moment before returning to normal. He leaned in and whispered to me,"He's working on the Kira case." I felt so bad for his dad, this was such a sad situation. He's spending most of his time to catch a criminal who's his son.

The walk to school was even colder than Saturday, even with my coat on. It was obvious I was shaking so Light draped his arm round my shoulder for warmth. I was relieved when we got inside the school building, I found Claire at her locker and wanted to say hi but Light was already dragging me to our first classroom, I haven't talked to her in a while and it seems she's making friends with another girl. I swallowed. Claire was my first and only best friend, but it looks like she wants to hang with someone else already. I felt a little sad then. What if Light gets tired of me and leaves me for someone else? I'd be alone since I don't have many friends.

When Light dragged my chair closer to his and glared at everyone who looked our way I shook off the thought, he was clearly obsessed with me. Our first lesson was History, I couldn't help but yawn every few seconds, why on earth did I pick this subject? Light never lost his concentration though, it was obvious he found this boring too but he always put in as much effort as possible. I would get off track by daydreaming so often that Light would have to nudge me so the teacher wouldn't tell me off. I accidentally fell into my daydreaming phase again so I didn't even realise at first when a new student had walked in.

I finally snapped out of my daze to take a look at this student. I was a little stunned when I realised it was the same guy from the arcade, Light found this suspicious. "Class, this is Hideki Ryuga, I want you all to welcome him as it's his first day,"our teacher said. Some of the class sniggered at his name, he stole it from a famous actor. Was that really his name or did he make it up? But why would he use a fake name?

'Ryuga' was still looking our way and for some reason he came to sit next to Light. The teacher turned her attention back to the board so Ryuga started up a conversation. "Hi, I'm Hideki Ryuga,"he said, as if we didn't hear the teacher introduce him a few seconds ago. Light tried to keep his cool and replied,"I'm Light Yagami and this is my girlfriend (Y/N) (Y/L/N)." He emphasised the 'girlfriend' part, making it sound like a warning.

Ryuga nodded then took out a pen to catch up on the school work. Why has this guy joined our school and why is he trying to make friends with us? I was already creeped out by the fact he watched our every move on Saturday. It was silent for the first three minutes, every time the teacher turned her back Ryuga would then whisper things to us, quite personal questions. This angered Light but he tried to remain calm. It wasn't until he asked us a question about Kira when I felt my heart racing. Is this guy working on the Kira case and just trying to get information from us? Wait, wouldn't that mean they suspect me and Light already? I think Light had the same thought too.

"I want you to get together in groups of three to work on this History project, you've only got 'til the end of this week so work hard,"the teacher said. The whole class groaned, why are we expected to do that when we've already got exams this week? Ryuga looked over at us hopefully. "May I join you two?"he asked. Light nodded and faked a smile,"Of course."

As soon as the bell rung for the next lesson Light took my hand and led me to the toilets. He took me to one which had a poster on the front stating 'out of order', no one would be in there. Once we were inside Light waited, listening in case someone was outside the door. "(Y/N), I don't trust that guy. I'm guessing he's someone sent from the police force to spy on us, you keep away from him, you hear?"Light said while holding my shoulders. I nodded quickly then we walked to our next lesson.

All day he followed us in our lessons, I was starting to get irritated as well as Light. Ryuga asked us countless questions non stop while staring at us closely, Light never let me sit next to him. I wanted to put in some effort today since my exams will be here soon, but I didn't feel comfortable from Ryuga's stares.

When it was lunch time he took a table in front of us, not even trying to hide the fact that he's following us anymore. Light no longer had a friendly approach towards him, he was staring back at him coldly. Ryuga was eating a slice of strawberry cake but his eyes never faltered from ours. I tried starting a conversation with Light to distract him because he was beginning to get angry, but it didn't work. When I took another look at this guy I then wondered how old he was, it didn't look as if he were in his teens but girls have been looking his way anyway. He finished the cake within a minute or two but then took out another slice from his bag, were sweets all he ever ate?

In our last lesson Ryuga beat us to the classroom first, it was the perfect chance for us to sit somewhere else but he invited us over making us sigh. I found I was sitting next to him this time but Light dragged my chair closer to him again out of jealousy. Ryuga was surprisingly quiet for most of the lesson this time, until right near the end. He turned to face me and asked for the second time,"What do you think of Kira?" I froze, we hadn't answered him properly before and I didn't know what I was supposed to say. "Kira is disgusting,"Light spoke for me. He looked quite surprised from this.

A minute before the bell rung he started talking again making Light sigh. "What do you want Ryuga?"Light asked, annoyance clear in his voice. Ryuga paused and put his thumb to his lip, making it look like he was thinking hard. "Well since I believe you two are against Kira, I'll tell you,"he said. He leaned in close to us and whispered,"I am L." I felt my heart rate go through the roof, I didn't want to believe it but somewhere in the back of my mind was telling me he's not lying. L, the worldwide famous detective, no one knew his identity, he was impressive. But, revealing his identity to us now wouldn't be so hard to believe, this must be the biggest and most difficult case in years, and it would be smart to reveal himself in front of Light.

If he truly is L, then we're screwed. His words repeated over and over in my mind making my head spin. "Are you okay (Y/N)?"Ryuga asked. Light secretly rubbed my back to calm me down while I nodded. When the bell rung Ryuga stood up. "Don't worry, I'll catch Kira,"he said, patting my back. Light looked horrified when his hand touched me, his eyes wide and then slowly turning angry.

When Ryuga left the classroom Light grabbed my hand and dragged me back to the out of order toilet. "Light, you're hurting my hand!"I said, my voice wobbling. He took no notice. Light pushed me up against the cubicle and sucked at my neck harshly, determined to give me more marks. "L-Light, what are you doing? Please just stop,"I asked weakly. When he didn't listen I managed to push him away and debated whether I should run out the door or not, but he pushed me back so I was against the wall again before I could decide. "No! Don't you dare tell me what to do. Just hold still,"Light snapped.

He continued sucking on my soft spot to make it pleasurable for me, but I didn't like how forceful he was being. When I tried wriggling away his hand made its way to one of my breasts, cupping it in his hand making me gasp. "Light!"I said louder this time. He quickly kissed me so I'd be quiet, both his hands now massaging my breasts. It felt good but I didn't want to admit it. When he pulled away from my lips he gently let go of my breasts too. "I'm the only one who can touch you,"he whispered.