Thirteen

y/n pov

my alarm goes off, loudly, and i fall out of bed trying to turn it off. i crawl my way to the bathroom and open the door.

"y/n!"

"oh my gosh noah i'm so sorry!" i say covering my eyes trying to feel my way out. i fall into someone, noah, and we go crashing, pulling the shower curtain with us. i freeze, this can not be happening. 

"y/n. it's okay, i'm wearing a towel."

"so i can uncover my eyes?" 

"yes!" he laughs. i slowly uncover my eyes. i'm lying on top of him, skin to skin, face inches apart. he stares into my eyes. 

"you're beautiful, you know that?"

i look down, but i just see his chest. he lifts my chin and connects our lips. it's quick, but filled with a quiet love. he pulls away and sits up. it's a very intimate position, my legs are wrapped around him and our faces inches apart. his hands trail down my back and connect around my waist.

"NOAH, Y/N, WE"RE GONNA BE LATE!" finn yells as he slams on the door. noah yells back and we scramble up and pull some clothes on. filming starts in an hour and it's about a thirty minute drive to the studio and then another twenty for all of us to get ready. an hour. we race out of the door and to the car. 

"oh my gosh, noah we're going to be late." i say worriedly.

"don't worry, the duffers won't get mad or anything."

i nod, still nervous. i'm a people pleaser, so if i'm late or i make someone upset, it's like hell on earth to me. i literally can not bear the weight of anyone hating me. which is why everyone hating my guts on social media is basically killing me. i can barely go on my phone anymore, let alone be late. it'll never work.

i just have to keep telling myself that it'll all be okay, everything is fine. noah will protect me, things are great and the world is a happy place. but it never was and it never will be. we reach the studio and throw the car in park and start running.

"LATE!" matt yells.

i look at him, wide eyed. i knew this would happen, knew it knew it knew it knew it.

"come on guys, you can do better than this, y/n, i expect more."

"ross, just calm down." noah says.

my breathing starts to quicken. noah notices and brings me to the couch where i start to control my breathing. in, out. in, out. BREATHE. noah rubs my back as the duffers explain what we'll be doing today. 

"is that good with you y/n?"

"oh, uh , yeah. great." i said with a smile.

a fake smile.

a/n-

enjoy. just watched instant family and OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT! personally i related to it, my family fosters, and i think it's a really good movie.

<3 lilia