Thirty

winter aid - the wisp sings     please listen it's basically all i listened to while writing this chapter!

THREE MONTHS EARLIER 

Y/n Pov

I feel Noah's arms wrap around my waist as he lifts me from the ground, spinning me around. He sets me down and I punch his chest, a little too hard. He pretends to be hurt and falls back into the door, except at the same time Caleb is opening the door. Caleb lets out a high pitched scream and him and Noah go crashing. Of course, I'm laughing my head off.

"We were- we were in the cutest moment and then you just crushed Caleb! Oh, this is the best thing to ever happen!" I can barely say as I literally laugh until I can't breathe. 

"Noah."

"What?"

"Get off me." Caleb laughs as everyone comes in at the sound of me and and Caleb laughing so hard. Noah on the other hand is just laying there, on top of Caleb, stunned at what just happened.

"Babe, you good?" I ask.

"I'm amazing!" He yells as he jumps and picks me up, running down the hallway. Everyone lets out a series of 'awws' as I wave at them while Noah carries me out the door.

"Noah, where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere special."

"People are gonna think you're kidnapping me."

"Good point." He says and sets me down on the ground. I take his hand and he gently squeezes mine in return. Noah pulls out the keys to Joe's car and opens my door for me.

"We have to be back in, like......an hour."

"Don't worry, I've got it all under control, trust me?"

"Of course."

"Good."

~~~~~

That was the first time I thought about what it might be like to tell him that I loved him. I was thinking about what he'd say. Maybe, hopefully, "I love you too." or something like, "Wow, that's huge Y/n, I love you so much.". I didn't really know, but that simple little,"I love you, Y/n." was enough to change my whole world.

Looking at him, I see all the features I've grown to love. For some reason I'm just...emotional. Yes, I was just reassured that Noah loves me, but the thought of him not wanting me just goes through my mind over and over again. What would I do? What would I say to him?

"Tell me again."

"What?"

"Tell me you love me."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"I love you, Y/n. I love you so much."

"Thank you."

"Did you just want reassurance?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Well you can be reassured that I love you no matter what." He says and scoops me up in his arms, leading me back to his car. When we get there he opens my door, revealing a one simple red rose sitting in the passenger seat. I look back at Noah, who has the biggest, goofiest grin ever. He's too cute. I give him a quick peck on the lips and he pulls me back for a deeper kiss. 

He pulls away and we both get into the car. The sky is a clear blue and the wind is in my hair. Nothing could be more perfect than this moment. Everything is just right and I never want to leave. I never want to know a day without Noah. He's perfect and we're perfect together. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asks.

"You." I say and turn my gaze over to him. He stops at the light and looks over at me.

"Where do you wanna go?"

"Surprise me."

"Okay."

*****

Noah Pov

"You didn't!" Y/n says excitedly and hugs me from across the consul. I hug her back and take in her scent. She always smells like roses, probably from her favorite rose water products. It's so familiar and homey to me. Whenever I see roses or smell them my mind jumps to her, it's also her favorite flower.

"This is perfect! Right on the beach...wait. Is this the one from the cast dinner?"

"Yep, do you like it?"

"Like it? Noah, this is the best thing!" She says and twirls around. Who knew a restaurant could make a girl so happy? She never really stopped talking about this place. She'd always say how much she wanted to come back and make more memories, after all according to her you have to work at memories.

Y/n looks at with a thoughtful and loving look before she swirls around and runs up to the door. We both look like messes, but I don't anyone cares. This moment is too perfect. The salty air is blown at us and her y/c/h blows in the wind. I smile, even with her imperfections, she's perfect.

"Hurry up." She says and takes my hand, leading me into the restaurant. She doesn't let go of my hand, but leads me to the host desk. 

"Table for two?" The hostess asks and we both nod. We are led outside to a two person table. Y/n lets out a sigh and looks over to the ocean.

"I love it here. The pretty ocean, the restaurants, everything."

"Yeah, I'm glad that I moved here. Hey, look, there's a little walkway to the sand. Wanna go when we're done?"

"Yeah." She smiles and looks up to the waiter as he comes over.

This couldn't get any better.

a/n-

;)

<3 lilia