Twenty Three

happy or sad? sad.        olivia is played by alisha boe    

Y/n Pov

"Hey Mom, what's up?" I ask as I pick up the phone.

"Hey, Y/n/n. Sit down for a minute we need to talk."

"Is everything okay?"

"Well...I wanted to do this in person, but obviously I can't, but you need to hear this."

"Mom, what's wrong? You're scaring me."

"Sweetie, I love you very much, you know that?"

"Yes. I love you too."

"It's Olivia. She's in the hospital. Her family was in a terrible car accident today and...well."

"What? Is Henry okay? What about Isabelle?"

"Oh Y/n, none of them made it, just Livi."

"You- you can't be serious! I texted Bella yesterday and we laughed and Henry sent me a picture of all of them together! Mom, tell me it's not true. Tell me."

"Sweetie I wish I could, but...I can't. I'm so sorry I had to tell you this way."

"I have to go."

"Y/n-"

I need to see Livi. I need to go to her and make sure she lives, even if she doesn't want to. I have to be there for my best friend.

*****

Noah Pov

I walk into the lobby, flowers in hand. Rose gold roses, just like Y/n loves. I'd get her chocolates too, but she doesn't like it, which I don't understand. Her reaction is really what I'm waiting for. The big sweet sixteen is coming up for both of us and it has to be perfect. 

Walking into our room, I stop dead in my tracks. Y/n is sitting on the floor, sobbing. 

"Y/n! Hey, Y/n, talk. What's wrong?"

"They're- they're all dead." She whispers.

"What? Who's all dead?"

"Henry, Isabelle and the rest of Livi's family. She might die too. Oh Noah, we have to go see her! Please, take me." She cries into my shoulder as I hold her.

"Shh, shh. It's okay, it's all going to be okay. We'll go see her, don't worry."

*****

I finish packing my bag and bring it out our car. Finn agreed to drive us up to LA to visit Y/n's family and friends. It's heartbreaking to see this girl with so much light fade away. It was so sudden. Her best friend is on the verge of death and her only real family is dead.

She didn't expect it, none of us did. I was introduced to them when I first met Y/n. When I started dating her, all I heard about was how Isabelle won an award for the violin, Henry's soccer team one a game or Olivia was first in her cross country race. 

Y/n eventually stopped crying, but the red stayed in her eyes. We're sitting i the back of Finn's car and I stoke her hair as she looks through pictures of her and them. When I told everyone that we'd be going they were all silent as they watched Y/n pass through the doors of the lobby.

Millie and Sadie hugged her and told me to take care of her. How could I not take care of her? She's my everything and right now she's hurting and I need to be there. I get a call.

"Hey, Noah." Chloe's voice sounds.

"Hey sis. What's up?"

"I'm in LA with Mom...we heard. You can stay with us if you want."

"Yeah, Chloe that'd be great. Look, I gotta go. Talk later?"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I look into the rearview mirror and lock eye contact with Finn.

"Is she asleep?"

"Yeah."

"No, I'm not."

"Oh, sorry."

"It's okay." 

a/n-

heartbreak SUCKS.

<3 lilia