Twenty Eight

play, it's your song <3

5 MONTHS EARLIER 

Noah Pov

"Noah, stop splashing me!" Y/n yells as I carry her across the pool.

"Never!" I yell as I watch Y/n laugh her head off. Millie and Sadie are tanning while the boys drive out to grab dinner. 

"Let's go sit." Y/n suggests and we lay down on the pool chairs. 

"You know, Atlanta's weather is the best in the summer."

"Just be glad we're filming now and not in the winter, it was torture last season."

"Oh, I can't imagine. Millie, where's Ava?"

"Right here!" Ava yells and tackles Y/n in a hug. Y/n and her begin to laugh and talk about who knows what. I watch as she begins to braid Ava's hair as Ava plays with her dolls. They were the duo I never knew I loved.

"Hey, Schnapp!" Millie yells and waves me over. I run over as Finn comes back with the pizza. I grab a box and open it up, revealing half vegan and half vegetarian. 

"Ew, what is this?" I ask.

"Health." Millie says and snatches the box away. She hands Sadie a piece and hands me a small box. I open it and inside is Y/n's favorite cheeseburger  and another small box, carefully removed from the grease.

"Open it." Sadie says with the biggest smile. Inside there is a small ring, a thin band and a tiny little white rock in the middle.

"What is this?" I ask. 

"It's the ring, the one you ordered for Y/n but it never came. I found it at this little jewelry place and got it for you."

"This must've cost a lot, let me pay you back."

"No way, this pizza is enough payment."

I smile at her and put it in my pocket and take the burger over to Y/n. She gets all happy about it and splits it with Ava. How can this one person be so kind and gentle? I really struck gold. After she finishes Ava goes and sits with Millie, leaving me and her alone.

"Y/n, you know how on your birthday you present never came?"

"Yeah?"

"Here it is, it isn't much but I think you'll like it." I say as she opens the box.

"Oh, Noah I love it! Thank you so much!" She yells and hugs me. From across the pool I can see Sadie there, smiling and watching. I give her a thumbs up and hug Y/n.

******

PRESENT TIME

"Noah, wait!" Y/n yells as she catches up with me. I stop and stare into her eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I see her playing with the ring on her finger nervously, the one I gave her.

"Noah-"

"Y/n, listen-"

"No, listen to me. Noah you are so amazing and you have no idea how much you mean to me. It was just one kiss, one kiss that meant nothing to me, nothing at all. I don't know what it was for Finn, but I'm not Finn, okay. I'm Y/n, the girl who's stuck with you for so long. I'm the girl who just wants to be with you. Noah, I can't lose you."

"I...I don't know, Y/n."

"Noah, please." She says as tears run down her face. I look at her and I see all the love she has for me, everything she would do for me and I look into myself. Do I really want her? Is she really the one?

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you, Noah."

a/n-

i think this song just fits everything.

<3 lilia