Twenty Seven

Finn Pov

She's so pretty, every aspect of her. Her hair, her eyes, her smile...just everything about her makes me want to hold her. Which is why it hurts so much that my best friend is her boyfriend. Noah has been there for me for so long, but Y/n is...different.

I've never had this intense of a feeling for someone like I have for her. Y/n is the kindest creature on this earth and I want her, only her. Sure, I've dated other people but no one has ever made me feel this way.

It's like I am in physical pain when I get the urge to brush a piece of hair back or to just kiss her. Or as I watch her and Noah run for Millie, how her hair blows in the wind and how she practically glows. Y/n is just...perfect.

But she fell for my best friend, not me. When I first saw her I knew that I wanted her, but I didn't take the chance. I didn't make a move in the car or at the sleepover. I watched her completely fall in love with Noah. They're in love, you can't not see it when you look at them. The way she talks or her body language and how Noah looks at her like nothing else matters. I just wish it was me.

"Hey, Finn, you good?" She asks.

"Totally, how about you?"

"I'm great. Just...really happy."

"Good, you deserve it."

She smiles and goes back to talking to Livi. How can she not see that I have feelings for her, ever since we met. How can she not see how beautiful she is. I can't have her without hurting Noah, but I want her so much. 

I don't know what to do.

*****

Noah Pov

I step back and let the girls greet each other. Millie and Livi act as if they've know each other for years, like they're best friends. I mean, they'll totally become best friends, but it's crazy how sometimes you can just see that between people. It's so strange.

Y/n talks to Finn and her hair blows around. She's just so natural around people, I'm so glad that her and Finn get along. I don't know why they wouldn't, but for some reason I had this feeling there might be something more with Finn, but I don't know.

Soon Y/n, Millie and Livi break into a run and jump into the water. All three of them just splash and play around like old friends. I'm so glad that I'm moving here. 

****

ONE WEEK LATER

Y/n Pov

LA is my favorite place in the world. It's been one week here and so far I've hung out countless times with Millie and Livi, went on dates with Noah and hung out with Finn. Lately he's been acting pretty strange, but I think it's just because he has to leave for Canada next week.

Speaking of Finn, he just knocked on my door. Today we planned on hanging out before he has to leave since we won't get to see each other. 

"Is that Finn?" my mom asks.

"Yeah, be back in a little."

"Okay, be safe."

"I know." I call out and open the door.

Finn stands there, a small box in his hand. He looks up  and smiles, giving me a hug. This is what's been strange. All sorts of presents and little notes. It's sweet and all, but he needs to dial it back a little, but he's just trying to be nice so it's okay, I guess.

"Hey Wolfhard, what's that?"

"Oh, just a little something."

"Like what?"