Thirty Eight

love this video :)

one day - tate mcrae

ONE MONTH LATER

Y/n Pov

"Ooohhh my gosh, this is sooo nerve racking." I whisper shout over the phone to Livi. Currently I am sitting in the 'waiting room' on this really cool set. My manager set up this audition and I've been working non-stop to try and get this role.

The concept of it is just amazing. It's a tv show set in the present, but everything is like slowly deteriorating. It has so many twists and turns that throughout reading the script I was just amazed and left thinking about it all. So, the character I'm trying out for is a girl named Mable. She's sent back in time to the Victorian era to like explore and find things out. I am so excited for this audition.

"Y/n L/n?" A lady in a pencil skirt and blouse asks. I smile at her and stand, walking with her into this tiny little room.

*****

The audition went pretty good, I can't really decide whether I think I could get it. During they just look uncomftorable and after they were so happy and delighted, but then weren't as happy as I left. I don't know, they were just really confusing. 

"How'd it go?" My mom asks as I walk into the kitchen to fill up my water bottle. 

"I think I did good, but the people were weird. I don't know, if I don't get it I think I'll be okay." I laugh and take a sip. 

"One thing, Y/n." My mom calls out. I turn around and I can already tell what she's about to say.

Perfection is the key to success.

*****

I head off to my room and lay down on my bed. I'm so cold. Lately being cold is just a thing now. Before I was like screw blankets it's too hot, but now I have like fifteen duvets on my bed.

The doorbell rings and I walk over to the door, opening it. I'm met with a face I didn't think I would see for a long time. His arms wrap around me as I laugh and practically cry. He smells the same, earthy and minty. His hands find their way to my hair and I close my eyes.

"I missed you." I say into his ear and he pulls away, looking into my eyes.

"I missed you too." He says and picks me up in a hug, spinning me around. I tilt my head back and laugh. Out of the corner of my eye I see my mom filming us. I smile at the camera and turn back to him.

"What's for dinner, Schnapp?"

*****

"How long will you stay?" I ask as I pick around my salad. Not that hungry.

"Just for this week. Filming is stopped for some reason, so I took the chance to come visit home." He says and takes a picture of me. I smile and giggle as he pretends to do the whole photo shoot thing. 

"Anything new?" He asks.

"Well, I was going to tell you tomorrow, but since you're here. I auditioned for this new tv show. It's sooo cool."

"That's amazing!" He says and takes my hands.

"You're freezing cold." He says and blows into them. People around us talk and I can barely hear whatever Noah is mumbling. I'm taken back to set, late nights where everyone is delusional and we laugh till the sun comes up. 

There was one night where me and Maya were hanging out on set after everyone had gone to a late dinner. She was talking about how amazing it was to be on the set of Stranger Things. Like, we were literally small actors who weren't in anything big before, and now we're in one of the biggest shows. 

We laughed and talked about how thankful we were. There was one moment where she looked at me and said that Noah and I were the perfect match. At the time I smiled and agreed, but now I know she was right. 

Noah knows everything there is about me. I know everything about him. We just melted together and became on personality, crazy, funny, kind and sweet. It was like I found the other half of me. We're in love. In the beginning I liked him and I knew that I wanted to know him, but I never knew the extent our relationship would go. I never knew that I would never want to know a day without him. We are so young and wild and free. I know that I'm going to grow old with him. 

He is my future. 

*****

noah pov

"goodnight." i whisper in her ear. y/n looks into my eyes with a love i never knew i needed. she is my future wife, i know it.

"i can't wait to marry you." i whisper. the words just slipped, i didn't even mean to say it out loud. she makes a small noise and pulls me in for a hug. i can feel her tears drip onto my shirt and i pull her closer.

"that's what the ring is for." she says back and lets go. i watch as she walks away, turning around to wave goodbye. inside, my family gather around the door.

"what are you doing?" i laugh and watch as they all scramble to find something to do, pretending not to notice. 

"ican'twaittohaveherasasisterinlaw!" chloe bursts out and quickly covers her mouth. my mom laughs and put's her hands up to her face.

"she really is something special." my mother says and runs up to me, giving me a long needed hug. she let's go and we walk to the kitchen. outside there is a loud banging, crashing and skidding noise. we all look at each other and run outside.

we rent out this little house on the side of this little road. it's nice and quiet, but a busy road. we watch as a car goes skidding across the road and a huge truck tips over into a small ditch. my eyes go wide as i recognize the car that finally stopped as it hit a tree.

y/n.

a/n -

 love all of you!

<3 lilia