Chapter 2: Shorting Ceremony

Your P.O.V.

When the train stopped you and Newt started gathering your things preparing to get out.

This ride was one of the best rides you ever had in your life. And not because you were heading to Hogwarts, but because you were talking with someone who shared the same interests as you. You hoped that you will remain friends.

"Ready?" Newt asked you.

"Yes!"

You were so happy that you are finally here. There must be a reason why your parents moved all the way here so you could attend Hogwarts.

Before heading out himself, Newt held the door for you. He likes magical creatures and is a gentleman. His gesture even made you blush the slightest, but thanks to your hair you don't think Newt noticed.

"Thank you."

You thanked Newt and walked out of the cabin, Newt on your heels. When you walked out of the train you saw a platform with a lot of students. Older students were holding the doors of the train. It made you anxious. You don't feel comfortable in crowds. It was dark outside. There was a professor on the other side of the platform that was calling first year's. So you and Newt started making your way through the crowd trying not to bump into anyone. After some time you finally reached the group of first years, standing in front of a professor. He had a huge latern in his hand.

"Now, that everyone is here, come on! This way!" He yelled to the crowd and started guiding us toward the school.

First, you were walking through the forest and you could swear that you heard a creature. But you weren't sure which one.

Then you reached a huge lake. And when you looked further you saw a mesmerising castle. It looked so beautiful at night with all the lights shining though the windows. You noticed that students started boarding on the boats. You and Newt patiently stood there waiting for your turn while fascinated by the castle.

When it was finally your turn you climbed inside a boat, then Newt, then some other students. As soon as the boat was full it started sailing by itself. This place was a pure magic! When you reached the middle of the lake you slightly tilted your head to the side so you could look at the sky. It was so beautiful. You can never see so many stars in the city.

When the boat stopped on the other side of the lake, you were the first one to climb out. There was another professor who stared guiding all first year's into Hogwarts.

When you were lead into the castle you were given some time to change into your robes. Beautiful dark blue robes. As soon as everyone was ready, you gathered in front of huge doors. You looked around a little and then looked at other students, mostly girls. They were all wearing skirts. And you were wearing trousers. You weren't the kind off girl who likes to wear dresses and skirts. You were comfortable in trousers. You remember only a few times when you wore a dress in your life. It just wasn't your thing. You hoped that it was alright with the school uniform.

In front of the doors stood a female professor.

"Welcome to Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The start of the term banquet will begin shortly. Now, in a few moments you will pass through this doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be shorted into your houses. The Shorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

The four houses are called Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slitherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose your house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is rewarded with the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.