Chapter 16: MACUSA

Newt's P.O.V.

Me and the unknown woman Apparated into a cramped, bricked-up alleyway. I could  still hear police sirens sounding from the bank. The woman, incredulous and out of breath, started rounding me.

"Who are you?" She asked me in a very high pitched voice.

"I'm sorry?"

I'm really confused right now. Why in the name of Merlin did she grab me and Apparate away? I don't want to be rude but it is none of her business.

"Who are you?" She asked again.

"Newt Scamander. And you are?"

I tried to find out who she was but it didn't work.

"What's that thing in your case?"

She pointed at my case. She was interrogating me.

"That's my Niffler." I said.

Then I finally looked at her face and saw that she had some mustard on her lip.

"Er, you've got something on your..." I said slightly pointing at her lip.

She quickly wiped it away.

"Why in the name of Deliverance Dane did you let that thing loose?"

"I didn't mean to, he's incorrigible, you see, anything shiny, he is all over the place..." It's tried to explain.

"You didn't mean to?"

"No."

"You could not have chosen a worse time to let that creature loose! We're in the middle of a situation here! I'm taking you in." She said shaking her head and raising her hands.

"You're taking me where?" I asked confusingly.

The woman then produced her official ID card. It bears her moving picture and an impressive symbol of an American eagle. I didn't have time to read her name though.

That made me nervous. I don't need any problems. Especially now, when I have a lot of creatures in my case.

"Magical Congress of the United States of America." She proudly said.

"So, you work for MACUSA? What are you, some kind of investigator?" I asked nervously.

"Uh huh." She said after hesitating.

Then she stuffed her identification card back into her coat. I was silent.

"Can you please tell me that you took care of the No-Maj?"

"The what?" I asked confused once again.

"The No-Maj! No-magic, the non-wizard!" She basically shouted becoming irritated.

"Oh sorry, we call them Muggles." I said after it hit me.

The woman stared getting really worried.

"You wiped his memory, right? The No-Maj with the case?"

"Um..."

But I didn't get time to do that. He knocked me down with his case.

"That's a Section 3A, Mr. Scamander. I'm taking you in." She said appalled.

Then she took me by the arm and we Disaparated again.

A few moments later we Apparated into another narrow alleyway. The woman grabbed me and headed out on the street. I immediately saw an ornately carved, incredibly tall skycraper on the corner of a bustling street. We hurried along Broadway towards this building, the woman almost dragging me by my coat sleeve.