Chapter 24: Interrogation

Newt's P.O.V.

I don't know how much time has passed since the silence settled down. Me, Y/n, Tina and Jacob were locked up in a cell. I sat in the dusty corner while staring at my hands and thinking about everything that happened with me.

It was supposed to be just a brief stop before heading next, to Arizona. If I didn't stop in front of the bank to listen, the Niffler wouldn't have escaped. I wouldn't have chased him all around the bank. I wouldn't have lost the Occamy egg. I wouldn't have broken many laws by letting muggles see magic. I wouldn't have been dragged to MACUSA. I wouldn't have met Tina. I wouldn't have met Queenie. I wouldn't have met Jacob... I wouldn't have met Y/n.

Y/n... It was my fault that she was here.

I slowly looked to the side not raising my head.

There she was, squeezed between the bars of the cell and the bed. Y/n was so into her thoughts that she did not notice my gaze, when usually, she always does, making me blush and turn away. She was tumbling with her hands while staring at them. Her hands were shaking. Her eyes were watery. I know that she was scared, and it was my fault. Y/n have been working at MACUSA for a very long time and she has gained their trust. And now they will find out what Y/n really have been doing, and it is all my fault. I wish I could say how sorry I am. But for some reason I couldn't even open my mouth. So, I took the time out to admire her features. Even after all this year's she still reminds me of me.

A slight smile apeared on my face as I thought of Y/n.

Her clothes were very similar to mine. Her boots were the exact replica of mine, but they were smaller, gray and the heels were slightly higher. She wore dark gray trousers, white button-up shirt, dark purple kneeted cardigan and a long black coat. And on her chest hung the necklace that I made.

I just couldn't believe it! Y/n still has it, and she wears it! My gaze shifted upwards and I admired her face. Her silky hair that framed her face and hid her eyes. The soft skin of her cheeks that I longed to touch. Those mesmerising eyes that I could drown in, shielded by her long thick eyelashes. And those soft lips that I desired to kiss for a very long time.

I quickly looked away, blushing, ashamed of my own thoughts.

A few moments later I heard some footsteps heading to us. Y/n and I quickly hopped off the ground. Three Executioners in white coats walked to the cell, each one holding a pair of handcuffs.

"The three of you, come with us." Said the Executioner who opened the door.

As soon as we walked out, mine and Y/n's and hands were pulled behind our backs. Tina's hands, however, were pulled in front of her. Y/n held her head low while the handcuffs were being put on her. As soon as I felt cold metal against my skin and heard a loud click, the three of us were being pushed forward.

Three Executioners lead us, shackled down to a dark basement, away from the cell.

I quickly turned to look back.

"It was good to make your acquaintance, Jacob, and I hope you get your bakery." I said over my shoulder.

Y/n turned to glance behind too, but she said nothing.

Poor Jacob, scared, was left behind and clutching at the bars of the cell. He waved forlornly after us.

I really hope that they will let him go.

We were led through this vast space with countless amount of cells, but surprisingly, they all were empty. Then we reached the stairs and were led just one floor up. I expected to see another vast space, but instead I found myself inside a too small, long corridor, which led to a door, which was open. As we walked closer, I realised what this room was. It was an Interrogation Room.