Chapter 11: Care of Magical Creatures Vol. 3

Your P.O.V.

You, Newt and other third years were walking toward the Forbidden Forest where professor Kettleburn said will wait for you. It is finally your first lesson outside the walls of school. Well, except Flying.

A few days ago you received a new book for Care of Magical Creatures. It was very unusual. It was, well, alive. It sure was the most interesting book out of all that you are going to see at Hogwarts.

"What creature, do you think, we are going to see today?" Newt asked you.

He was very excited. Just as you were.

"I don't know. But it probably will be taller than you."

Newt laughed at your response. It made you smile. You two were such great friends.

Professor Kettleburn waited for everyone to arrive before he stared talking.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer."

A group of girls at the back just couldn't stop talking.

"Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So, follow me."

Professor stared guiding you into the forest. With your bags on your shoulders and books in hands, you and Newt were walking just a few feet away from Professor Kettleburn. You both were so very excited right now that you thought that you are going to faint.

Professor Kettleburn lead you to a small clearing.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?" Asked a girl.

When you glanced at her for a brief moment you immediately understood who she was. She was the girl that bullied Leta LeStrange.

"Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me." Professor Kettleburn said with annoyance in his voice.

Your and Newt's books weren't angry like the others. Their were calm and were making some short of a humming sound. You gently and carefully stroked your books spine and opened it with no problem.

"Incredible." You heard Newt say while he opened his book with ease.

Suddenly you heard a boy scream.

"Don't be such a whip, Benson." Somebody said to him.

"I am okay. Okay." Benson boy said.

Poor boy got all of his robes ripped.

"You are supposed to stroke it." A girls said to him.

"Yeah." He answered.

You usually weren't a person who would laugh at others but this situation sure made you and Newt laugh a little.

Professor Kettleburn cleared his throat.

"Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak." Professor said and threw a dead rat to the creature.

You stood there absolutely astonished by the proud beast.

"Professor, exactly what is that?" Someone in the crowd of students asked.

"That, miss Langdon, Is a Hippogriff."

It was not the first time when you have seen a Hippogriff. First time you did was in the summer after your first year at Hogwarts. Newt invited you over for a few days. Your mother was so happy that you finally had a friend that she packed your things herself. You have met Newt's parents for the first time that year. Also, you have met Newt's older brother, Theseus. He wasn't like Newt. He was very serious. But he sure cared for Next. And he was a hugger. Theseus is an auror at the Ministry of Magic.