Chapter 25: Death Potion

Your P.O.V.

No... No, no, no, no. It can't be true! The realisation of what just happened haven't fully hit you yet. That was why you just obeyed and were led by an Executioner to... your death.

No, it can't happen. It won't happen. You are smart. You have to figure a way to get out of this horrible situation. Especially now, when Newt and Tina are sentenced to death, too. You can't let Newt die. You care and love him too much to let that happen. And you can't die yourself. Who will take care of your and Newt's creatures if you were gone? No one, that's the answer.

You have to keep your promise. You promised your creatures that you would always take care of them. And you failed. You owe them now. They are innocent, they have done nothing wrong. And now, Merlin knows what MACUSA has done to them.

Right now, you, Newt and Tina were led out of the corridor and one floor down. Tina was in the front, Newt and you behind her.

A few moments later you found yourself inside a thin, long black metallic corridor. Looking further you saw a single door in the end of the corridor. A guard was standing beside it. From what you could see, behind the door was a pure white room, or more like a cell.

When you were forced to walk into the cell, you could take a closer look at it. The walls in there where bright white, but in some way dirty. The ceiling was quite high, with huge square metal pipes attached to it. Right above you, was some short of balcony. The cell also contained a big square pool filled with silver rippling potion, a chair magically suspended over it.

As soon as you were inside the cell, a guard stood at the door, blocking the exit.

"Don't do this... Bernadette... please..." Tina said to the Executioner who led her inside.

"It don't hurt."

At those words you nervously glanced at Newt, thinking of a way to escape. He glanced at you too, clearly wanting to say something, but stopping himself.

Meanwhile, Tina was led to the edge of the pool. She began to panic, her breath heavy and erratic. She turned around to look at the door, seeking for a way out. But the sight of a guard and you and Newt chained up, made what was left of her hope die.

The smiling Executioner named Bernadette, raised her wand to Tina's temple and carefully extracted Tina's happy memories from her head. Immediately, Tina instantly calmed down, her expression now vacant, like her mind was in another world.

Bernadette casted the memories into the potion, which rippled, coming alive with scenes from Tina's life.

On the surface of the potion you saw a young Tina smiling up as her mother called her.

"Tina... Tina... Come on, pumpkin, time for bed. Are you ready?" Tina's mother said softly.

It made you feel bad for Tina and Queenie, knowing that their parent had died when they were kids. And it made you feel sad yourself, becouse you haven't seen your parents in quite a few years. Of course, you sent letters to eachother, but it was just not the same as when you see them in person. But the reason you haven't seen them in a while, was becouse you did not want to stumble across Newt in England because you were sure that he was with Leta, and now that you know that he wasn't, you can visit your parents. If you get alive out of this, though.

"Momma..." Tina whispered.

Tina's Mother appeared in the pool, her expression was loving and calm. The real Tina was standing on the edge of the pool watching and smiling down.

"Don't that look good. You wanna get in? Huh?" Bernadette asked Tina.

In responce, Tina nodded vacantly.