Chapter 3: Charms and Potions

Your P.O.V.

You were making your way down the halls of Hogwarts toward the Great Hall. Today, you will have your first lessons. You were very excited. When you reached The Great Hall you sat down at the end of the Ravenclaw table, away from everyone. As soon as you sat down, food imidiatly apeared in front of you. Toasts, eggs, bacon and pumpkin juice to be exact.

Silently you sat there eating and mentally preparing yourself for your first lesson at Hogwarts. Charms. You are going to learn how to do magic! You are going to use your wand for the first time in your life! And you and Newt have all of the lessons together.

You were so worried that after the Shorting Ceremony you and Newt won't be friends anymore. But for your surprise you became even closer. That was the closest friendship in your life. Pretty much the only one. Newt was a true friend. In those few days you were given to adjust to the environment, you and Newt spent so many time at the library, reading books about magical creatures.

You felt someone tap on your shoulder shaking you out of your thoughts. When you turned around you saw Newt standing behind you. A small smile apeared on your face.

"Hello, Newt."

"Hello, Y/n. Are you ready for our very first lesson?"

"Yes, absolutely! Are you?"

"Yes!"

You stood up from your seat and grabbed your stuff. Newt waited patiently for you and then both of you exited the Great Hall.

"Do you know were the classroom is?" You asked.

"It's Classroom 2E. I'm pretty sure it is not that far away." Newt said looking at you and then quickly turning away.

Newt was right. When you walked into the classroom, some students were already there. You and Newt sat down in the corner of the classroom and prepared everything you will need for the lesson. There already was a feather prepared for every student. You took out your wand and placed it on the table in front of you. It was a simple wand. Yet unique. You liked to know that there can't be to similar wands. With the corner of your eye you saw Newt's wand. It was very, very beautiful.

"Good morning, Class! My name is Professor Flitwick! I am here to teach you how to perform many charms and their variations. Today, we will start with a quick overview of all types of Levitation charms and the history of which they started. Then we will try a hand on Levitation of a feather. There are a number of lesser variations of the Levitation Charm.

1. Hover Charm
2. The Rocket Charm
3. Floating Charm

However, the Levitation Charm remains the best and most used. Now turn to page 3 in your Book of Spells. We will read aloud to page 6. Who volunteers to go first?"

A Griffindor girl in the front row raised her hand."May I?"

"Please." Professor gestured for her to start.

"The Levitation Charm is one of the first Spells learnt by any young witch or wizard. With the charm a witch or wizard can make things fly with the flick of a wand. The charm is an excellent test of your magical skills, wand control and above all, patience." -An excerpt in the Book of Spells.

Students one by one stared reading.

History of the Levitation Charm

On 16 July, 1544, Hobart invited a large crowd of wizards, among which was the Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, to witness his "maiden flight" -a public demonstration of his own revolutionary charm on himself. He climbed onto the roof of his local church and, after several speeches and a rousing performance of the national anthem ha leapt and, having cast the spell, was left hovering in mid-air. At first, he seemed to have succeeded but, after having spent nearly three minutes watching him hanging in mid-air, the crowd grew impatient to see him move somewhere, and booed him.