Chapter 18: Dinner

Your P.O.V.

You, Newt, Tina and Mr. Kowalski Apparated into a narrow alleyway. Tina and Newt were standing on either side of an ailing muggle, trying to keep him steady. She guided you out on the street. It was not that far away from your apartment. Since you couldn't help with Mr. Kowalski, you just walked behind them.

As you rounded the corner, Tina hurried all of you to hide behind a large repair truck. From here she peered at a house across the street. Then she turned to us.

"Okay, before we go in, I'm not supposed to have men on the premises." Tina said.

"In that case, Mr. Kowalski and I can easily seek other accommodation..." Newt said.

"Oh no, you don't."

Tina quickly grabbed Mr. Kowalski's arm and pulled him across the road, Newt dutifully following.

"Watch your step." Tina said.

When we reached the house, Tina quietly opened the front door. She motioned for you to walk in first. And so you did. You walked inside and headed to the stairs with your soundless footsteps. Then Newt walked in still holding Mr. Kowalski slightly in front of him.

You, Newt, Tina and Jacob tiptoed up the stairs. You were walking in front of the muggle in case he would fall. You have just reached the first landing when the landlady called out. You immediately turned around and placed your finger on your lips. You all froze.

"That you, Tina?" The landlady called out.

"Yes, Mrs. Espasito!" Said Tina who was walking behind Newt.

"Are you alone?"

"I'm always alone, Mrs. Espasito!"

You heard the door close. Then after a few more steps Tina flicked her wand and one of the doors opened. You walked in followed by Mr. Kowalski, Newt and Tina.

Although impoverished, the apartment was enlivened by workday magic. An iron was working away on its own in a corner, and a clothes horse revolved clumsily on its wooden legs in front of the fire, drying an assortment of underwear. Magazines were scattered around: The Witch's Friend, Witch Chat and Transfiguration Today.

Blonde Queenie, one of the most beautiful girls ever to don witches' robes, was standing in a silk slip, supervising the mending of a dress on a dressmaker's dummy. Mr. Kowalski stood there, thunderstruck.

However, Newt barely noticed. You could tell that he was impatient to leave as soon as possible. He started peeking out of the window.

It is just how you remember him. Awkward around people. And he looked so handsome, and he was so tall, so British. Just, perfect.

"Teenie, you brought men home?" Queenie asked.

"Hello, Queenie." You said with your British accent while looking down.

"Y/n!" She said and smiled widely.

You were afraid that she read your mind. You turned around and glanced out of the window. Not the one that Newt was standing near.

"Gentlemen, this is my sister. You want to put something on, Queenie?" Tina said.

"Oh, sure." Queenie said unconcerned.

She ran her wand up the dummy and the dress ran magically up her body. Mr. Kowalski watched the display, dumbfounded.

Tina, frustrated, started tidying the apartment.

"So, who are they?" Queenie asked when she was fully dressed.

"That's Mr. Scamander. He's committed a serious infraction of the National Statute of Secrecy..."