12

*Edited*

"Lee Y/N!"

I instantly sat up and focused my attention on my english teacher.

"Yes Mrs. Jeon."

"Can you tell me what Hawthorne meant when he wrote 'The fiend in his own shape is less hideous than when he rages in the breast of man'?"

I paused for a second trying to recollect the homework reading from last night.

"Umm....I uhh....I think he meant that the true monsters aren't the demons or devil himself. In reality the true monsters are us, humans. After all, in the end it's humans who are responsible for the scariest things that have happened in history. War, genocides, hate crimes, all results of human will."

I sighed in relief after forming a answer to the sudden question.

"Great analysis Ms. Lee. Why don't we stop daydreaming and keep that same energy the rest of class."

"Yes Mrs. Jeon." I bowed before sitting back down.

I focused on her lesson for about 5 minutes, then I zoned out again. This time my attention was directed at the empty seat next to mine.

I haven't seen or talked to Haechan since the night of the beach fair. I was still shocked by the events of that night. I might have not been able to see but there was no denying what happened, Haechan had placed his soft lips on mine.

I banged my head on the desk after the memory kept replaying in my head vividly.

I was mad with myself.

How could I let that happen? Why didn't I just go to the exit of the haunted house ride like I was supposed to? That could have been me and Chanyeol but it wasn't, it was that stupid jerk!

The worst part of it all was that it was my first kiss. After getting off the ferris wheel I pretty much ran away and took a taxi home.

Meanwhile, Haechan hasn't been to school the past three days. Even though I didn't want to see him, a small part of me was worried. His and Chenle's suspension was over since Monday so why was he still gone? Me and Chenle made up already but I still didn't want to ask about Haechan. I wasn't sure if they were still mad at each other or not.

As usual I sat down with the boys at lunch. Since I arrived before Chenle, I asked Mark if he'd seen or talked to Haechan.

"Nope." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Last time I checked up on him, he had gotten in trouble by his Dad." Jeno added on.

"But it's not like his dad would ground him from school?" I pushed the thought aside.

The two boys looked at each other, raising my suspicion.

"Right?" I asked again.

"Of course not." Mark laughed. "He probably has been ditching."

"But Haec-" I paused for a moment. "You're probably right."

I didn't believe that he ditched, especially after knowing that he had never ditched until he ditched with me. The boys knew something and they were keeping it from me.

I couldn't explain why, but something was worrying me. I texted Chanyeol to see if he knew anything.

***

Me:
Hii Oppa

Oppa❤️:
Hey Y/N-ah 😉 What's up??