27

"So your telling me that the reason you didn't call us even just once is because of this good for nothing asshole who pretty much ended up breaking your heart just yesterday."

"Well when you word it like that..." I looked at Seungmin who had been judging me all day.

The four of us were relaxing in Minho's indoor pool after a long day at the amusement park.

"Also, I don't know how you haven't noticed yet but this cabbage haired boy you keep telling us about one hundred percent likes you."

I choked on my boba tea when he said that.

"He's just my best friend."

Hyunjin glared at me.

"From Seoul, best friend from Seoul okay."

"Poor guy has been best friend zoned when he is clearly the better option."

"You're not wrong." Hyunjin agreed to Seungmin's statement.

"But still not the best." Minho interjected.

"Well the best definitely isn't you if thats what you are implying." Hyunjin splashed Minho with water.

"Yah!" Minho splashed back causing a water war between the four of us.

"I really missed you guys." I sighed out when the water war was over.

"Well there is still two days before you and Hyunjin return home so don't start being sappy now." Seungmin teased.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "It's getting late so I'll take a shower and get ready for bed first ."

"Loser." Seungmin mumbled. "My mom's coming to pick me anyways so I'll see you tomorrow after school."

I nodded and headed to the guest room were I was staying. This was actually the room me and Eunji would always share when we slept over.  Growing up it wasn't uncommon for us to sleep over together which Is why we both had so many of our clothes left in the closet.

I sighed after seeing a pair of friendship bracelets we never finished making with the boys back in middle school. I don't know what happened to cause her to change so much in such little time.

I gathered my sleeping clothes and headed to the shower to take a hot steamy bath. I began to feel sad again thinking about Haechan. I wondered how he was doing. Was he hurting too?

When I was done showering I tried to go to sleep right away but my thoughts were keeping me awake. Ten minutes passed, then thirty, then an hour.

I walked to the kitchen and decided to make myself a warm cup of tea.

"Can't sleep?" I heard Minho's voice behind me.

"You scared me." I gasped and spilled some of the tea on me which began to burn my skin.

"Here change into this." He took off his own t-shirt and handed it to me before turning around.

"Done." I gave him the okay to turn back around.

"I'm sorry." He cheekily smiled.

"It's okay, I just didn't hear you come into the kitchen."

"I was hungry." He opened up a cupboard and pulled out a box of cereal. He sat on the counter and ate the cereal straight out of the box.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You know I hate it when you do that."

"I know." He said with a mouth full of cereal.

I dipped my hands in the box and threw a hand full at his face. "Now I can't have cereal in the morning because you decided to stuff your dirty hands in the box."

He laughed and hopped off the counter. "You mean these dirty hands." He licked his entire palm and began to chase me around.

"Eww." I cringed my face in disgust.

I ran up the stairs back towards the guest room trying to escape him.

I tried closing the door as fast as I could but it was too late, before I knew it Minho had pinned me down on the bed.

"Yah...Minho." I mumbled and avoided his gaze.

"What?" He smirked. "Am I making you nervous?"

I looked back up at him but couldn't respond. His eyes lowered down to my lips, my eyes naturally closing as he leaned in closer.

Our lips were soon connected as he gently caressed my neck.

I gripped onto his shoulders but it didn't feel right. Non of this did.

Did I care for Minho? Yes.

But not this way. There was only one person I could think of at this very moment and that was Haechan. This should be Haechan, not Minho.

I pulled away from the kiss. "I'm sorry."

He rolled over and laid back on the bed. "Don't be."

He let out a deep sigh. "I shouldn't have kissed you."

"No it's my fault, I made you think it was okay."

"I took advantage of the situation and kissed you so it's my fault."

I giggled lightly. "Okay it's both our faults then."

He softly smiled at me. "I like you y/n."

My eyes opened widely.

"The truth is I've liked you since we were in middle school." He admitted.

"But why didn't you ever tell me."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I was never able to build up the courage."

He paused momentarily.

"Not until today, but its already too late because you're in love with that boy aren't you?"

I felt my heart beat irregularly thinking of the word love and Haechan in the same sentence.

"Love is a strong word you know." I fumbled nervously. "And we've only known each other for 6 months."

"It doesn't matter if you've known him for 6 years or 6 months, there is no time measurement for love. When you meet the one you just know."

He was right, I had fallen in love with Haechan.

"So don't let that idiot boy go too easily. Fight for him before its too late."

Minho stood up and ruffled my hair. "Now get some sleep because we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

I Smiled and nodded my head.

"Thank you Minho."

___________________________

Woah That was unexpected......right?? Or am I too predictable Hehe
Do you think Minho will become a new love interest or will their relationship stay just as close friends? 🤭

NOT RELATED but can we take a moment to collectively cry over hyucks glitter eyebrow slit 😭