31

"y/n open the door right now!"

It was my father pounding on my bedroom door once again. I continued ignoring him by popping my earbuds back in and listening to music. It was the second day that I haven't come out of my room.

My dad finally stopped knocking on the door and left. I knew he would return in an hour or so, that had been the cycle since yesterday morning. It was now sunday night which meant Minho and his Parents would be going back to Busan anytime now.

It turned out the reason for their visit was to tell me about and discuss the arranged marriage between Minho and I. Of course it didn't exactly go as planned due to the fact that I found out earlier than intended. Since then I refused to talk to anyone or do anything.

Like clockwork , the loud banging on the door began again.

"y/n its me." This time it was Minho's voice. "I know you don't want to see me but can you at least eat something. I brought you soup and your favorite snacks."

After a moment of hesitation I finally opened the door slightly and peeked through the crack. Minho was holding a tray with soup, gummies, and fruit juice.

I opened the door all they way and let him into my room.

"Thanks." I barley mumbled as I received the tray.

"y/n I'm sorry you had to find out like that."

I quickly hushed him.

"If you say another word I will kick you out of my room right now."

He agreed and stayed quiet while I ate all my meal.

"So what are we going to do about this?" I asked him when I was done.

"Do about what?"

"This marriage Minho! What else do you think I would be talking about." I stared him straight in the eyes. "We clearly can't get married."

"Why not?"

"You can't be serious." I sighed out in frustration. "Minho I'm barley going to turn 18, I can't be forced into a marriage I don't want to be apart of."

"But you will be with me." He grabbed both my hands. "I'll be your husband and you'll be my wife. I will take care of you every minute of every day. You won't need anybody but me, I will give you everything you want."

I pulled my hands away from him. "Jesus Christ Minho are you listening to yourself? This is crazy. How are you not against this?"

"Because I already told you that I have liked you since middle school. This is our chance to finally be together."

I couldn't believe the words exiting his mouth.

"There is no 'we' Minho. You are my friend, a close friend that I deeply care for but that is all, there will never be a 'we'."

His expression darkened. "It's because of that guy isn't it? If he hadn't interfered then you would have given me a chance."

"Minho that isn't the point."

He stood up angrily and raised his voice. "Then what is? Tell me y/n!"

I don't think I have ever since him act this way in all our years of friendship.

"Well if you really want to know then I'll tell you the truth. I've known about our arrangement since last year. As badly as I wanted to tell you I wanted to win you over myself before any of this. I even went as far as forcing myself to support your relationship with that stupid guy. But I'm sick of it."