14

*Edited*

"Sit still." I scolded Haechan for the hundredth time.

He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"I don't know why you are doing this."

"Because it will help you heal faster." I responded.

I dabbed some more antibiotic cream on the corner of his mouth causing him to wince.

"I told you to sit still."

He lightly pushed my arm away from him.

"Does it really matter how fast I heal? It's not gonna change anything." He muttered.

"You can't be out of school forever." I told him. "You were absent all last week too, not including your suspension the week before."

"Says the one who's ditching at this very moment."

I sighed in frustration. "Ditching to make sure you were okay after last night."

He ignored my remark.

"Does anyone know about this?" I asked concerned for his safety.

"Whether anybody knows or not, it's not going to change anything." He retorted.

"I'm serious Haechan." My eyes softened as I spoke to him.

"The others now somewhat, they just don't know to what extent." He admitted.

"But why would they hurt you like that? I don't understand."

How could someone be so cruel?

Haechan's gaze fell solemnly to the ground.

"My Dad is a drunk who wishes I was never born while Chanyeol is a psychopath who abuses people for pleasure. There's nothing more to understand."

I was still in disbelief that Chanyeol was capable of being such a monster, but I had to believe it. I saw it with my own eyes. I experienced his violence first hand. I myself, was wearing a thick scarf to cover the handprints left around my neck. Luckily we were in late autumn so no one would question my choice of clothing.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you." My words were full of disappointment.

He chuckled at my apology. "Can you tell me now how amazing your Oppa is?' He asked sarcastically.

I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder. We were sitting on a bench in the middle of an empty park. It was still early in the morning but I ditched classes to come check up on him. I was too scared to go to his actual house which is why I had him meet me here. I was also scared for Haechan. I didn't want him to return to that house, not with those monsters.

"Why don't we go do something?" I asked him in hopes of brightening up the heavy atmosphere.

"It's 9am on a Monday." He looked at me questionably. "What is there to do?"

I frowned at him and clicked my tongue. "You're such a vibe killer."

The cold wind picked up, freezing my entire body.

"Ya!" Haechan muttered and hugged himself. "And with this weather? I'd rather be in my bed drinking hot chocolate."

"That's a good idea." I cheered happily. "Why don't we make hot chocolate and cookies!"

"Then sleep in bed together?" He asked in a questionable tone.

"Ya!" I slapped his arm forgetting that he had been hurt. "Oops I'm sorry." I apologized immediately.