25

Third Person POV:

Haechan slammed the front door to his house angrily. He was still trying to process what Mr.Lee had revealed to him.

He replayed his words again and again.

"Im sure you are a nice boy son, but there is something you must know about my daughter."

The anger in his body rose again leading him to punch a hole straight into the wall.

He leaned his forehead against the wall, his eyes full of tears.

A loud crash followed by a whimpered yell sounded from the kitchen. Haechan didn't have to be inside the kitchen to know that it was his father hitting his stepmom again.

Although this was a normal occurrence in his household something had pushed him over the edge.

He walked into the kitchen to see his stepmom lying on the floor next to a shattered plate.

"Go to your room, there's nothing to see here."

Haechan turned around but froze in place.

Although Haechan couldn't see him, Chanyeol had been witnessing everything from the top of the stairs. It was also nothing new to him. This had been daily life since moving into this household after his mom married Haechan's dad.

He wished he could do something but he was always too afraid of him. He watched silently as his mom would get beat everyday then proceeded to be a perfect stepson. Ever since they were children he would take out his anger on Haechan. Whatever Mr.Lee did to his mother he would inflict on Haechan to pay for his mothers wounds.

"I'm sorry honey, its my fault because I dropped the plate."

"You are going to learn to not drop plates today." Mr.Lee angrily began to take his belt off.

Haechan heard his fathers words and balled his fists up. He had finally had enough.

"Go to hell you asshole." Haechan yelled while sending a direct punch into his father's jaw.

His father tumbled over to the ground but he couldn't stop.

"She doesn't deserve this! If anyone is worthless its you. " He repeatedly kicked his dad in the gut.

Chanyeol who had witnessed everything ran down the stairs and grabbed a hold of Haechan.

"Calm down."

"No! He deserves to go to hell." He tried to break free from Chanyeol's grip but couldn't.

Mr.Lee finally regained his stance and took one good look at Haechan. "I'll deal with you later you ungrateful child."

He stormed out of the house, his destination unknown.

Chanyeol finally released his grip on Haechan. "You really fucked up this time."

"Sweetheart." Chanyeols mom called for him. "Please follow your dad, make sure he doesn't drink and drive."

Chanyeol nodded and followed right away.

Mrs.Park wiped away her tears and fumbled to pick up the broken glass from the floor. As usual she acted as if nothing happened. "Would you like me to make you something to eat?"

When Haechan didn't respond she turned to look at him only to see tears forming in his eyes.

"Haechan darling, are you okay?"

He turned to her with sorry eyes.

She was surprised when he ran into her arms and and embraced her in a warm hug.