30

"Haechan slow down!" I yelled at him as I began to run out of breath. "You're hurting my wrist!"

He finally stopped and loosened his grip. "I'm sorry." He gently rubbed my wrist with his warm hands.

I sat down on the curb to rest my legs for a few minutes.

"I know you know something I don't so start talking. Whatever nonsense Minho said back there has something to do with what my father told you 3 months ago doesn't it?"

I tried not to believe it but his face was telling me otherwise.

"He's your arranged fiancé y/n." He sighed and sat down next to me.

"No it can't be." I began to shed tears.

I was feeling an ocean of mixed emotions. Anger, disbelief, sadness.

I looked at Haechan and my blood began to boil. "I don't believe you!"

I pushed him and stood up.

"y/n wait!" He tried to stop me from leaving.

I turned around and looked at him with broken eyes. "Haechan you promised me that you wouldn't let anything come between us yet you did. How can I believe you now."

"You heard him say it himself y/n, I'm not lying."

He was right, Minho said it clearly but I didn't want to believe it.

I couldn't stop crying. How could my parents do this to me.

"You knew about this the whole time?"

He didn't answer which was more than an answer for me.

"How could you not tell me!" I yelled at him.

He stayed silent.

"I hate you Haechan, I hate you!"

I slammed my fists against his chest out of anger.

"You gave up on me....why did you give up on me?" I cried with angry tears.

He strongly wrapped his arms around me to calm me down.

"I was wrong." He held me even tighter. "I made a mistake. I was convinced that leaving you was the best for you."

"Why would you ever think that you idiot." I sobbed into his chest.

His voice got shaky. I looked up to see he had also began to shed small tears. "I didn't want to hurt you more. I rather would have had you hate me and forget about me than to make things more painful when the time came. Your father convinced me that you would soon forget about me anyway after you married your childhood friend. Call me what you want y/n, tell me I'm selfish, tell me I'm an idiot, but please don't tell me you hate me. I don't know what to do, all I know is I'm a stupid selfish idiot who wants you and only you."

He kissed my forehead and rested his chin on the top of my head.

For the first time I had hugged him back. I wished that we could stay that way forever. But I knew it wouldn't last. I knew that once I returned home everything would change.