29

I hurried home after school and looked around my house to find what Minho was talking about.

"Hey mom, did a package come in the mail today?" I asked her while I searched the living room.

"No? Why do you ask?"

"Minho messaged me that there would be a surprise waiting for me at home."

"Oh did he now?" She smiled cheekily. "Now that I think about it, maybe you should go check the kitchen."

I nodded my head and walked into the kitchen. I was confused when I saw nothing there.

I was caught by surprise when someone suddenly picked me up and sat me down on one of the counters.

It was Minho!

"Minho-yah what are you doing here?" I asked, still in shock by his presence.

"I thought you would be happy to see me." He frowned.

"I am," I stuttered. "J-just surprised."

He only looked at me with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because I'm happy."

"And why exactly are you so happy?"

"Because you promised that the next time we saw each other you would give me a chance remember?" He leaned in closer to me.

"I did say that didn't I." I remembered our text conversation from a few weeks ago. "But I didn't think it would be so soon."

"I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend y/n, I'm only asking for one date while my family is in town."

"Well," I hesitated for a moment. "okay but just one date."

It was just one date, what could go wrong.

Minho couldn't stop smiling. "There's this restaurant I saw on the way here that looked amazing. We can go tonight."

"Tonight doesn't work for me." I said while hopping of the counter.

"Why not?" His smile quickly turned into a frown.

"I'm going to the movies with my friends."

His mouth formed into an "o" shape. "Can I join?"

"I don't see why not." I shrugged my shoulders.
"Hyunjin will be there too, except I'm sure he will be too busy with his boyfriend to pay any attention to us."

"Yes that Renjun guy right? I've been wanting to meet him anyways."

"They are picking me up at 6, I'll text Hyunjin and let him know you are coming."

"Sounds good." He smiled and I left to my room to get ready.

After talking to my mom I found out that my parents had invited Minho's family to stay over at our house for the weekend. It was quite strange to me since it happened very suddenly without my knowledge. Minho didn't tell me anything and even Hyunjin didn't know he would be in town.

I was sitting on the living room couch playing games on my phone when the doorbell rang.

"That's probably Hyunjin, I'll go answer ." I let Minho know.