36

Third Person POV-

Haechan was staring at the ceiling while tossing a ball up and down.

He hadn't left his room since y/n left back to Busan. Graduation already passed and her wedding was set to be tomorrow.

Although she hurt him he couldn't stop thinking about her. Despite what she had told him, he knew deep down that she still loved him. He didn't understand why she easily gave up. Even if it wasn't with him, all he wanted was for her to live a free happy life.

He was distracted from his thoughts when Chenle burst through his bedroom door.

"Yah! You're going to break my door if you keep coming in like that."

Chenle was angry at his friend who was lazily laying down.

"Are you seriously going to mope around all day and do nothing!"

Haechan sat up and tilted his head down to stare at the floor.

"There is nothing to be done."

Chenle grabbed Haechan by his shirt collar and pulled him so that they were standing face to face.

"I will not let you give up on her that easily."

Chenle raised his voice.

"Why do you care what I do?" Haechan pushed Chenle away from him.

"Because..." Chenle's eyes met Haechan. "I did not watch the girl I liked fall in love with my best friend for nothing."

Haechan widened his eyes at Chenle's shocking confession.

"You what?"

"It was the first day of school Haechan. Jaemin was chasing me in the hallway when I first saw her. I liked her the moment my eyes met hers but I was a coward and never told her. I watched as you bullied her and I couldn't protect her. I watched as she wondered what was wrong with herself and I couldn't comfort her. Then, I watched as she fell in love with you and I was too late."

Chenle dropped two train tickets on top of Heachans desk.

"But I'm not going to let you make the same mistake I did. We are going to Busan and if you don't stop that wedding then I will."

Haechan hugged his friend. "Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"That isn't important now. In the end I fell in love with another girl and now I couldn't imagine my life without Yeri. Now all I want is to see my two best friends happy together. It's what you both deserve."

Haechan grabbed the two tickets. "What are we waiting for."

Chenle smiled. "I knew you'd make the right decision."

The two boys quickly ran to the train station to catch the last train headed to busan for that night.

________

Morning of the Wedding
Y/N POV

"You look beautiful sweetheart."

"Thank you mother in law." I forced a smile as the makeup artist unveiled the final look for my wedding day.

My mom came up to me and gave me a small gold bracelet.

"This was given to me by your grandmother the day I married your father. I am now handing it down to you."

I held my hand out while she clasped the bracelet onto my wrist.

"It's beautiful." I traced my fingers along the diamond embezzled band.