28

After our 3 day trip to Busan came to an end, it was time for me to return to classes and face reality.

I thought deeply about Minho's advice and was determined to talk to Haechan. I needed answers to what had happened between him and my father.

He had avoided my calls all these days but today we would have to inevitably see each other.

As if on cue, Haechan turned the hallway as I waited by our first period class. I take it he hadn't seen me by his surprised expression when I grabbed his hand and dragged him along with me.

Not a single minute later we were standing face to face inside the janitors closet.

"y/n we are going to be late to class." He muttered while avoiding my gaze.

"When have you ever cared about being on time to class?"

He didn't respond knowing I had a point.

"Please tell me what happened Haechan. Why are you being so distant? What did my father tell you?" I softened my tone.

"Nothing happened." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Clearly something did or else you wouldn't be acting this way. I mean look at you, you can't even look at me in the eyes right now."

I cupped his cheeks so he could look back down at me. I could see the sadness in his eyes when our gaze finally met.

Like many times before, he leaned in closer until our lips touched. His soft hands made their way to my waist as he gently wrapped me in his arms, hugging me close as if he never wanted to let go. He rested his chin on the top of my head as I snuggled my face into his chest.

"I'm sorry y/n but this has stop here."

I looked up at him with broken eyes. "what do you mean by that?"

"This, us, our relationship."

I pushed away from him.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked reluctantly.

"I think it's best if we go back to being friends."

My heart felt like it was ripped out of my chest and stomped on by Haechan himself.

"Stop." I faintly whispered, tears glistening in my eyes.

"I'm sorry y/n but-"

"I said stop." I raised my voice into a stronger tone. "I don't want to hear anything else from you."

I took a deep breath as I tried to stop my tears.

"You know what? If that's what you want then fine, it's over Haechan. But like you told me once before, I don't think we were ever friends to begin with so lets not pretend to be friends now." I turned to walk away but Haechan grabbed my wrist. "Let go of me, I never want to see you again."

"y/n."

I pulled away from him without looking back. I didn't want to let him see me cry anymore than he already had.

"Goodbye." I whispered inaudibly.

____________
3 MONTHS LATER
____________

"The movie starts at 8." I handed a small blue movie ticket to Hyunjin.

Judging by his confused reaction it was safe to say he forgot.

"You forgot didn't you?"

"Psh, Nooo." He muttered and examined the ticket. "Wait today at 8?"