Chapter 3

You arrived home in record time, still slightly shook up at the danger you put yourself in.

You dried yourself off, getting your legs back, and jogged up the beach to your back porch.

You bounded up the stairs and through your back door, throwing your bag onto the floor and making your way over to the couch, nearly throwing yourself into it with a groan.

Your house was small and cozy, a living room that was visible over the counter in your kitchen, and one-bedroom at the top of the stairs. You furnished your house to remind you of the beautiful coral on the seafloor, everything brightly colored including the painted shells that decorated almost every surface. Your collection of rare fossils also adorning the walls and shelves providing the place with a little more character.

You rolled over onto your back and reached for the cell phone you had left charging on the coffee table. 

One missed message.

You unlocked the phone and peered at the screen

[Ursula]: You didn't say bye Y/N! I was going to ask if you would mind joining the staff tonight at the beach festival. We need an extra pair of hands since we have special guests!

You groaned and rolled back onto your stomach, just when you thought you had the weekend off.

You did favors like this for Hyun-joo sometimes because she technically did save your ass by giving you this house for cheaper than the asking rent price. Besides, it was better to stay on her good side.

You quickly tapped a reply that you would come back in the evening and put your phone back onto the table.

After you had showered and finished your hair/makeup you walked over to your closet from the vanity table you were sat at before.

Opening the seafoam green doors to reveal a less than amazing selection of dresses.

Most of them were meant for day time, something light you could shove in your bag.

It's not like you ever went out at night so there was no reason to have more than one or two evening options.

You picked out a dress with the tag still on, remembering that this was the birthday gift from your fashion-forward mom.

It was a black velvet skater dress that ended about four inches above your knees, cinched your waist and twisted around to full sleeves that fell off your shoulders.

You sighed slightly at the thought of having to wear it out, tossing it onto the bed behind you and grabbing a pair of black crystal-encrusted sandals.

You threw on the outfit, briefly admiring yourself in the mirror before letting out an exasperated sigh and walking out of your room.

When you went to grab the handle of the front door when you realized something was missing...

Your bracelet

It must have slipped off when you were swimming, you thought at first. Retracing your steps in your head. But then you remembered the man you had saved and his hold on your wrist...

What if it slipped off then? What if he has it?

You felt slightly faint at the thought of him finding it. You tried calming yourself, promising to go look for it the minute you got to the hotel. 

Luckily the sun won't set for another hour.

You called for a taxi to take you so that you could swim home later, instead of biking there again.